Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UE
State
GD
City
Gdansk
Hello, my name is Paweł, sorry for my English, but I'm from Poland age 28, well, since June 2022, because I have been under a lot of stress: Fasciculations tingling The electric kicks but went away about a month ago Muscle tremors Throbbing pains Left arm pain since September The leg pains under the knees started in December and they are still better sometimes worse (usually when I run it starts to pull like tendons) Muscle cramps Sometimes the feeling of weakness of the limb and its pain Feeling of medication and tearfulness From the tests: blood normal, MRI of the head and neck discopathy EMG of the left hand wanted to see if I had pressure on the nerve because it pulls and hurts the most (normal) I've been going to physio since December and my left side muscles are tense and the right side a little less, 2 neurologists examined one in July the other in October, reflexes normal and no clinical weakness Could this be als or am I going crazy cause I'm sick of this

I also have dizzy spells for a couple of days but they have passed, The physio said it wasn't spasticity but muscle tension

I forgot to add that the Achilles tendon also hurts once in one time in the other also for a few weeks

Hi Pawel-

Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting, as it contains some very helpful information for you.

You report a bunch of symptoms that are not related with ALS. And none of the medical professionals you have visited don't think you have it based on their examinations. The people on this forum would not contradict that. Hopefully you will also be able to find someone to help you with your stress while you work with your doctors to find some answers.

Take care

Hi Pawel.
ALS doesn't happen like this at all. You just started physio, so I would suggest you stick with that and follow the directions you are given and hopefully you will be back to better health in the next months. Remember it can take some months of physio to get to where you need be, and a lot of work.
All the best.

Thank you for the answers, yes, the neurologists did not diagnose anything at all and there were only assumptions that maybe it was some virus, nerves or FND or something like that, I do not have clinical weakness but I wanted to ask someone who knows about it because I would like to help myself and I find it hard to believe that the pains and symptoms I have may be in a healthy person and I know there's too much going on here for als but I had to ask thank you for your help.
I have one more question because I had emg in my left hand in 3 different muscles, will it be enough to rule out mnd?

Your issues that you have going on are enough to rule out MND, regardless of EMG. You've been told this already, so your question is moot.

Take good care and good luck.

Yes that will be enough to rule out MND on that EMG. It doesn't mean nothing is going on - viral issues can cause a lot of stuff and FND is a very real disease and diagnosis.
It just isn't ALS which is great news.
I hope they get to the bottom of it soon for you.

Hello, I talked to the gp and in the description it says that I have bilateral hyperreflexia in the knee should I be worried?

Not about ALS, based on the prior exams by neurologists and a clean EMG. There is a range of normal with regards to reflexes- and some people do have "hyper" reflexes naturally. You should be speaking with your doctor about any results from your clinical exams and what conclusions they've drawn if you still have questions or think something has changed.

Take care

The best thing you can always do for yourself is ask the doctor - ok I have bilateral hyperreflexia, please explain what that means for me.
Hopefully you can work with your doctor to return to health as you don't have any signs of ALS.

Thank you for your answer but I just found out from the letter, I have another appointment in a month, I have 1 question also because I have muscle tension that is painful is it the same as spasticity?

No. Spasticity is hard to explain but you are not describing it. If you had it your doctor would have seen it

Hi there-

We feel that folk who continue to post "just one more..." types of posts are better served by contacting their doctors. We have provided you plenty in the way of information, answers and reassurance. Anything now will just be a repeat of the same. Your doctor really is the best person to answer questions specific to your results and their observations. While it may be hard for you to wait, that is what you must do. Perhaps you can contact your doctor's office to go on a cancellation list.

Email your doctor if you can't wait one month.
Asking here is no longer appropriate. Cancellation list is a good idea for you.

Hello, here is the description of the emg test Currently, the study does not reveal electrophysiological features of polyneuropathy Positive thesis test EMG recording of the right anterior tibial muscle with chronic neurogenic features There are no signs of active denervation in the examined muscles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back