Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Buffalo
Hello. I am a 45 ye old female with moderate pain in top of feet, muscle cramping in legs and feet and occasional weakness, especially as of lately. I have difficulty swallowing and have had this on and off for some time. I am being followed by a gi dr. that ordered provocative swallow. I have had strictures of esophagus in the past years, but not of recent year, as endoscopy reported. I began twitching in my right leg for approximately 1.5 weeks, twitching spread all over body. I have had 2 clean mri's:head and neck/upper spine, clean emg/nerve conduction on lower extremities. Neuro yesterday cleared me of als, however his reviews are horrible, (misdiagnoses) he looked at my emg and took my word of mouth on mri's, briefing glancing at my phone's uploaded notes from ER doctor. I asked him if this could be brought on by me shocked. I read online that a bad shock can cause neuro, even als. I was shocked by my new electric recliner that has these silver buttons along the side that shocked me 2x in a week quite badly, to the point my arm went through like a Shockwave and I spilled coffee on myself. He said "no". Dismissed me and told me anxiety, take meds. His reviews say he does that often. Should I still be concerned? I can button, stand on toes. I also asked should I test for lyme disease, he said, "no"..anxiety. Should I trust him? Do I need upper emg? Further tests?

Jampjamp, in your post…

“I have had 2 clean mri's:head and neck/upper spine, clean emg/nerve conduction on lower extremities”

“Dismissed me and told me anxiety, take meds. His reviews say he does that often.”

Don’t know what it will take to get you to accept it isn’t ALS after all those tests. No one here is going
to argue/disagree with your neurologist.

Like so many with Health Anxiety that come here not trusting a highly educated
and highly trained neurologist… if you don’t trust him/her go through it all again
with some one else.

PS. It all depends where you found his/her reviews... anybody or one person maybe like you can
plaster a review site with negative responses. Maybe someone here can give you more reliable
sources for review. Even more, post his/her name. Countless posts on this site post the name of
their neuros names. It's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back