Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburg
I have been to ER, vascular doctor and had a ton of blood work also mri.

I have leg twitching in both calves, it also twitches in feet, thighs and arms. It goes away when I stand up. Only see and feel it when sitting or laying down. This has been going on for 14 days. I read the (before you post). But something that wasn’t clear. Does twitch start in both limbs? Also Kenneth Mitchell start with faus, not weakness, weakness didn’t come till 3 months later. That’s why I am trying to clarify about the twitching. It feels like bubbles popping under skin. It’s driving me crazy. So my question is would it happen in both legs and would it have already spread to my arms in 14 days?

Thanks

14 days and you think you have ALS?
Honestly Leah, this is like being sure you have a brain tumour because you had a few headaches.

To answer you, twitching means nothing without failure no matter what you want to trawl and read online, we won't argue this.
ALS rarely starts in both sides at once, and never spreads through all 4 limbs in 14 days, so let's take that as a true reassurance for you.
Please, let your doctors work on this, you are going down a dangerous rabbit hole for no reason.

Thank you for your insight. The only reason I asked is because actor Kenneth Mitchell had arm twitches and no muscle weakness for 3 months. So I was just wondering if I have to be worried for next 3 months. Since his was just twitching at first. Thanks again for your insight.

Unless you have extensively interviewed Mr. Mitchell personally and examined his medical records, the scenario you outlined is unlikely. Many PALS end up misremembering or glossing over initial functional losses because they did not seem significant at the time.

So the short answer is, any way you slice it, widespread twitching and no other problems do not add up to ALS. But tremors at rest may relate to an electrolyte imbalance or nutritional deficiency, or lack of sleep, or too much stress, or all of the above. If they stop when you move your legs, they might relate to a sleep disorder. A good primary care doc can help you sort through the possibilities.

As I said - we aren't going to argue any of it. Future worry is totally your choice, but you won't get the next 3 months back regardless.

I came on here a few weeks ago asking about leg twitches and stiff left fingers when waking up. I got an EMG (like you all suggested…thank you ) neurologist did the Emg in my legs, not hand. It was clean. Do I need to get one in my hand to rule out ALS or is a clean leg EMG good enough? (For clarification I have twitching in both legs and stiffness in left hand) was leg Emg good enough? That’s it! Thanks!!

You had leg symptoms. You hd a leg emg. They emged a symptomatic area. If there was a problem that was to be found it would have showed in your leg

Thank you for clarify, Nikki. I forgot to ask Neurologist that question! I was just so nervous!!!! :(

Our sticky covers all this, so to help you understand and believe, go read it again.
I don't think anyone here suggested you have an EMG. Your doctor is the one that should make that call, and which muscles to test. Now you have the choice to believe this or not.
I'm so happy to hear you have been cleared of ALS. Please live well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back