Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MO
City
Saint Louis
Hello all I’m new here would love too know if my symptoms are from ALS I’m 29 I have been having twitching muscle cramps fatigue of my muscles just doing simple things tired my muscles out I have weakness all over I been having weak neck like it leans forward hard hold my head up I have had mri emg bunch of blood work everything seems fine for now have seen two different neurologist going for 2nd opinion soon could this be ALS ?

Hello-

We ask that folk here this first: Read Before Posting

In the above link you will read that twitching is not always a sign of ALS, despite what dr google might tell you. There are many reasons for twitching and feeling weak.

It sounds like you are under the care of a neurologist already. If they say they don't see it in your reported symptoms, nor in their clinical observations of you, the folk here would not disagree. An EMG would also indicate if there were something to be concerned about if you had the affected muscles tested and the signature of ALS didn't come up. While your symptoms must be very concerning for you, you will have to look elsewhere for answers.

Please take care

I last had emg 4 months ago was normal but my muscle weakness had gotten way worse since then but my most concern symptom is the neck weakness hard hold my head up with pain I have heard that might be drop head is early symptom of ALS? And I message my current neurologist she said she didn’t no what to do I’m post see another neurologist for 2nd opinion who she claims runs the whole als clinic does the neck symptom sound like ALs ?

Hello-

Please understand we can't actually provide you with any diagnosis here. There are many many reasons for neck pain and perceived weakness. To jump to ALS is not helpful for you, as it sounds like you've been cleared via emg and exam by a neurologist. Hopefully seeing a second neurologist might provide you more answers and reassurance.

Take care

No, you have no reason to suspect ALS. Posture and gentle stretching can play a large role in your issues.

Update I went to ALS clinic for 2nd opinion and the doctor that runs the ALS clinic just gave me clinical exam no emg test like I was promised he said my clinical exam was normal so wasn’t necessary i don’t feel comfortable with his opinion should I get another opinion? And could someone tell me if this is a als clinic it’s in Kansas City this is it in the attached photo thanks

Attachments

• 9C6644A1-A56C-42D2-808E-A9A8A1CD7FB0.png
    9C6644A1-A56C-42D2-808E-A9A8A1CD7FB0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Yes it is an ALS clinic as it shows in the link. That doctor is well credentialed too if that is who you saw. Your first neuro did not find ALS neither did this one. If you aren’t satisfied then see someone else but be sure you will accept their opinion. We see people who go from doctor to doctor never believing any of them

As Nikki says, it's a reputable clinic and director. ALS clinics diagnose and treat a lot of ALS so when someone there says that you don't need an EMG, they are generally correct, as you might imagine.

If you still have general weakness that prevents you from doing your normal activities, I would return to your internist for re-evaluation for systemic disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back