Not open for further replies.

n_hudd31

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
I am a 23 year old male. I first started to have twitching in my calves then after about two weeks, I have twitches in my arms, face, back, chest, thighs, butt… I know twitches are generally not just a symptom of ALS. But my right hand has been stiff making it hard for me to open up my right hand and my right arm has been weak. I went to a neurologist who ordered an MRI, EMG, and NCV. The mri came back with 4 disc bulges in my cervical spine with questionable mild radiculopathy on c6-c7 and 4 disc bulges in my lumbar spine with disc degeneration…. I had an EMG only on my arms which came back with 2+ fibs on my right forearm, right triceps and left triceps the other muscles were normal… and my NCV came back normal besides my median sensory nerve which had reduced amplitude. My question is could this be ALS? I am very worried… I am always looking up my symptoms, checking my weight, looking at my body….

A5066BB5-C0FC-496B-AE7C-FCEB93ABBE94.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely no ALS in your symptoms, exam or tests, I'm so happy to tell you.
I am sure the doctor said the same.
Please don't push to look for something awful that simply isn't there. Great news for you!

I am just afraid because my right hand has been stiff to the point where it’s hard to open my hand and my right arm has been very weak… I’ve also been shaky here lately lifting up my arms and legs… I’m just worried because of the fibs they found on the EMG

While your symptoms and thoughts on your test results are very concerning to you, there's not much more this forum can do. If you have concerns, speak to your doctor about them and ask them what your test results might mean and what you might do to ease your symptoms.

You have been cleared of ALS- so this forum is not the place for you to dwell and search and engage. This forum exists to support those who have been diagnosed with ALS and for their caregivers.

Take care

As Shiftkicker wisely says - take your concerns to your doctor. We don't see evidence of ALS, not even a little bit. Only your doctor can work through this with you.

The nerve roots of the fibs match up with the sites of your radiculopathy on the MRI. So there is no reason to worry about them, except as a reason to get evaluated by a PT or whatever your doctor is advising. The therapist can also help you adjust positioning or habits that may be contributing to your issues.

All the best.

--Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back