Not open for further replies.

Matthewderrig

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Over the last couple of weeks I've been getting these weird pops and twitches I'm random parts of my body

Sometimes I can see the skin moving which when I move for example my leg the leg moves but the skin twitching goes away

Other times part of my hand will suddenly jerk or my arm as a whole will and even my mouth and under my eye will twitch or jerk

I can still walk fine and hold items been doctor for blood tests and they don't seem to be too concerned just wanted to see if anyone on here can help me relax

Also all this seems to happen when I'm sitting down not moving even when legs crossed get these twitches and pops

Most often what you describe is down to stress or hydration or diet. All are worth considering. You have not described any reason to worry as regards ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks that's good to hear and the random movements on my foot,leg and sometimes arms that had me worried

Also my mouth/lips have started twitching and sometimes my tongue does it one moment its around there the next its one of my hands or arm then legs

I'm hoping the fact they are still all over these twitches I don't need to be worried about ALS

Exactly. Widespread twitching points away from ALS onset. If you experiment, and you can also ask your doctor for advice, you are likely to find ways to reduce the twitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back