Not open for further replies.

harryikl

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello. Thank you for you time if you are reading this.
I am 23, female.
My problems started right after covid May 2021.
Two weeks post covid I had Bell’s palsy on my left face side. It was cured in the hospital.
Lately during summer I noticed that I am getting fatigue easily especially when go up stairs, also breathing became difficult in such activities. In august I started twitching (mostly legs) and having minor bladder issue.
In Semp I noticed that there is too much saliva in my mouth which causes to sputum. And also my face muscles seem now like more flexible (??) and weak. Like mimic changed.
Also right after it I did EMG but there was almost nothing (I did one hand, one leg, spine).
In November I felt bad and came to neurologist who said that I have clinical weakness of left side, hyperflexion of all limbs and fasciculations.
But said that it is als-like symptoms after covid.
It was almost 6 months ago and now I feel almost the same.
Some days I feel worse than others. I didn't have twitching almost 3 weeks but I think it returns. Also sometimes I feel like my bladder issues are better. But it’s more like symptoms come and go as we are talking about these two. Everything else is the same.
Of course I tried medicines. Since fall I am on antidepressants, I take vitamins almost 1 month and had some drugs for 2 months after my visit to neurologist.
I don’t know what to do next. Of course I am really scared and not in good place in my thoughts but trying live day by day.
Thanks for you advice in advance.

Long covid with neurological symptoms is a real thing. Feeling the same for six months and symptoms that come and go isn’t like ALS either.

Having long covid is a big deal and you should concentrate on taking care of yourself for that rather than searching here. There are groups for long covid for support and doctors are starting to research how to help you

yeah, I know
but it was almost one year since covid and I continue becoming worse
I think that covid may provoke something which is why I am here
not because I am so scared of als-like symptoms but also because I have really bad neurological exam like I said

The thing is, you have no ALS symptoms. Yes, you may have neurological symptoms, but that can point to hundreds of causes, such as long haul covid, but your issues are not pointing to ALS. That's a good thing because that means you can check ALS off your list and continue working with your docs.

Best of luck to you and take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back