Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
So my story begins 15 years ago I was pregnant and developed crippling pain in my legs and hips to the point where I could not walk. I lost that pregnancy and the pain began to subside, but that is when I began to have fasciculations which lead me down the rabbit hole of ALS. I am very into fitness and the fasiculations would go crazy after every workout. Got two emg’s both clean.

Went on with my life 15 years later I got covid really bad have shortness of breath as it got into my lungs have been having really extreme exhaustion and just overall feeling horrible. I used to be the full of energy and this just knocked me out. What’s really weird is that I got a crazy rash and along with that came the all over weakness and the muscle twitches. However I could still walk, but I cannot workout the way I use to. Now I have developed debilitating pain in my legs so bad that I cannot walk.

This is all so crazy I get muscle twitching everywhere, I feel weakness in arms and legs and my calf muscles look as if they are smaller. It’s like I have lost all of my leg muscles in just a short amount of time. Can ALS even start this way? This is all so disturbing to me and I have no idea what to think anymore. I even feel like it is harder to swallow. It is so scary to have all these symptoms at once. My life has been turned upside down since I got covid and I just feel like I will never be the same as I continue to get worse. Any input is greatly appreciate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry to hear of your troubles, but see no reason to think of ALS. Post-acute Covid syndrome is a real thing and can be very debilitating. There is probably a clinic at Emory focusing on or working in it, so that is where I would go. They can also advise you if you should be screened for an adult-onset inflammatory myopathy (muscle disease), some of which come with rashes.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much! This truly has been unbelievable! I go from a person that never gets sick to this is just devastating! I will contact Emory tomorrow! I just need answers at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back