Diagnosis
02/2021
Country
IN
State
TA
City
Krishnagiri
Dear niki am in India.please help me. Last feb i felt something not good in my body and felt very discomfort and am not able to walk long disease. Then feb end I noticed sleeping problems. Then I took sleep study that results I have sleep apnea and got bipap now itself but sleep not fully satisfied. Than dr suggest pft lung volume is little low. Then I felt muscle weakness and weight loss near 5 kg. Then I felt muscle twiching in wole body. Then I visit neuro emg and ncs and blood sample all are normal. Now I regain weight about 4 kg because I took rich protein. But muscle twitching is gradually increased. Than last month to took another emg that shows active Denervation in cervical Myotomes. Other area normal. Now I had small atrophy in feet. Dr told possible als. Now what to do dear. Am very helpless hear. Still now am walking my grip is good. Symptoms now 10 months. There is any possible als pls reply me

Attachments

• IMG_20211201_091840.jpg
    IMG_20211201_091840.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 140
I thought you have a probable ALS diagnosis and Riluzole has been started?
According to what you have posted in other peoples threads and your profile.
If you do not have a diagnosis you need to change your profile and only post here.

Yes am under Riluzole. What vitamins can i take

I am still confused about your diagnosis status. Did you have an mri of your neck? Is that something you can get?

assuming you do have mnd maintaining weight is crucial so it is good you regained weight. Do whatever you have to keep it on.

there is lots of discussion and far from universal agreement about supplement choice. If you search supplements here you should find threads. A number of us currently take tudca as it is a component of a drug that looks promising. Start slowly and build to 1000 twice a day

Thank you verymuch your reply nikki.my another emg in next month. I will update. I done mri ir was normal.

Dear all last week I took pft my fvc is 91 but i have sleep apnea how it possible. What exact test shows diaphragm function. My lung volumes is 76.pls give your suggestions as soon as possible

You can have sleep apnea with a normal fvc. 91% is a good number for fvc. Sometimes they do full pulmonary tests that include maximum expiratory and inspiratory pressures but those are not usually done routinely at most clinics. The doctor orders them separately if they are worried

lung volume is 76 what? Here we measure litres but 76 would be impossibly high

Total lung volume 76 percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back