Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
Chicago
Very concerned about fasciculations in my calf muscles. Muscles getting smaller but still able to walk. Saw PCP who sent me to Neurologist. EMG indicated nerve problems associated with L5 S1. Had imaging on cervical and lumbar spine which confirmed radiculopathy. Physical therapy has helped with pain but really am concerned about the symptoms not improving. Can ALS be present as well? I have read that radiculopathy and ALS can both be present. EMG attached

Of course you can have 2 things wrong but your emg ruled out ALS so you don’t have ALS If you want others to see the report please block your name before reposting it

Ok please post this to the thread.

Attachments

• 09577954-84D5-4868-B64D-3B4C60CAAA95.jpeg
    09577954-84D5-4868-B64D-3B4C60CAAA95.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 190
Can anyone out there please comment on this EMG. I am concerned about ALS. I was told that I have both cervical and lumbar radiculopathy. I have tried therapy three times in the past year. My calf muscles have been twitching for a year non stop and definitely muscles are shrinking. Neurological exam last month and opinion was probably not ALS. I just feel like this is more than radiculopathy.

The summary says radiculopathy. It doesn’t mention any findings that would make us think ALS. There is usually a table with the muscles listed in the downward column and the findings in the across. That would allow us to see exactly what the findings were but it is clear from the summary they didn’t see ALS. All we can say is go back to your doctor and ask what next. Or go to another neurologist for a second opinion. Two opinions are reasonable. If a second concurs then you would need to accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back