Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
UP
City
varanasi
Hello everyone and thanks in advance to anyone who would be able to repond to my queries. I am a 24 year old girl from India whose grandfather passed away due to als at the age of 48 years. My father is my grandfather's only child and is 58 years old and does not have als. No other brother of my grandfather had als nor did his parents.

I am worried that I might have als because of the following symptoms:
1) 9 months earlier, i started having pain in area between right scapula and spine. The muscle joining the scapula and thoracic spine is swollen or permanently cramped
2) 2 months after thoracic back pain, slight chest pain and chest heaviness started happening in right side, exactly infront of the scapula and since then i feel like there is 1 kg of weight kept on my one side of chest
3) After few months, the pain extended to right shoulder. And now I am experiencing onset of similar symptoms on left side but there is not cramped muscle on left side
4) Since last month, firstly i started feeling as if right side of my outer throat muscle is being pulled down due to pain in right shoulder.
5) After that i am now permanently having the feeling of something being stuck in my throat
6) Also since past 5 years i am having intermittent leg pain that comes and goes
7) I hear cracking sound in my neck whenever i move it.
8) I hear a cracking soung when i take deep breathe but have no shortness of breath.

This chest heaviness and something stuck in mouth feeling is consistent and very annoying.I have had Spinal and brain MRI, chest ct but nothing showed up. GP gave me muscle relaxants, anxiety medications and many other medications but nothing helped. Today i was found covid positive but this anxiety is just killing me. Please let me know if anyone had these symptoms in als.

English is not my first language so please pardon me in case or errors.

I'm so sorry about your grandfather Kiara.
I can assure you that not a single thing you are experiencing is ALS. I'm sorry you now have covid, please let your doctors help you deal with this real health threat. I hope you can find a way through the anxiety, but you have no reason to even remotely suspect ALS, even less to think it is genetic that you will get it. Your english was very good.

Hi, Kiara, agree completely that you do not show any signs of ALS. Sometimes an old injury, poor positioning over time, or a condition called frozen shoulder can cause the issues you describe. It is very easy for pain to move up or down from where it begins -- it is your body's way of telling you to pay attention to that area. I would ask about evaluation by an orthopedist with a shoulder specialty or a physiotherapist.

Best,
Laurie

Thank You so much for taking out time and replying. It was just that I am getting these problems and none of them is getting treated. In every 3 months I am experiencing new symptoms.

Anyways thanks again for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back