00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Morristown
Previous thread

Just posting cause I’m in the middle of going to the neurologist to find my issue, for the past year I have had weakness coming and going in legs and arms, shaky hands these symptoms come and go, lately it’s been more focused on my right arm from my shoulder up my neck down my arm into my hands with hand weakness more in my thumb. The neurologist did and mri of my spine and noted minor disc bulging in my neck. He then suggested I have an emg to rule out anything like als. He did the electrodes on my hands lower arms and legs from knee down to feet, he then did the needle by my neck shoulder area and then lower back, he said the emg looked good and suggested it is muscle related and to look into and orthopedic. Is there a chance he could have missed something on the emg if he didn’t do a specific area. Kind of nervous and wanted some input. Thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the hallmark of an ALS EMG is certain abnormalities in multiple areas, including those that seem fine. You are good to go.

I would ask about physical therapy for your disk issue, which could help your symptoms.

Thanks for your reply! When he showed me the results there were a few levels just below the normal velocity but he said the test was normal, I guess that’s what concerned me and wanted to see if it could be missed. I have an appointment with an orthopedic to see what the issue could be if it has anything to do with the minor disc bulging

Does ALS typically cause muscle aches and pains and pins and needles sensations, had an EMG done and they said it looked good, I can post the results if anyone can offer input

No. aLS is a motor disease causing loss of function. Your symptoms are feelings which involve the sensory system so something else.

if your emg is normal we won’t have much to say except that it is normal. If you wish to post it remove your name / identifying information and include the summary and the charts. No need to post images of waveforms if they happened to be included

Mod note- moved to already open thread. If you choose to post your emg, please place it here.

Thanks for the reply, I’ve just been having issues with tired muscles in my arms and legs and just recently the burning and tingling, I have 3 bulging discs in neck but they say they are not pushing on anything, I’ll post my emg results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back