Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Santa Monica
Hi, I've been reading on this forum for about a week now after noticing some issues with my body. My initially issues started a little over a month ago, I woke up with a weird feeling on my right side of my body hand and foot, throughout the day it got worse until I felt a surge of tingling all over my body and muscle tightness (even in my jaw). Few weeks went by and I started getting whole body twitches. Now my right arm feels fine but my left is feeling a bit weird and I noticed that my shirts fit tighter on my right arm than the left. My right forearm muscle is a bit harder and possibly bigger than the left as well. My right calf is also smaller than the left by a bit and the muscle isn't as clearly defined. The other day I tried hopping on my individual legs and I can hop much better with my left than my right, my right feels weird, I can still do it but it isn't as fluid or as quick as my left. I have read the before you post, but I am still concerned. Im a 23 yo male so I dont think this is the case, but I want to see if maybe this is what Ive been having trouble with. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

None of it sounds like ALS, but if you're concerned about your general health, see your primary care doctor for a workup. Good hydration, exercise, eating a balanced diet, and getting some blood work should put your mind at ease.

Stress can cause twitches. In ALS twitches usually starts out in one specific area.

Most people are asymmetric if you look closely. When I was a runner, my right calf was always 1.5 inches larger than my left one.

Don't worry about ALS. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back