Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CO
State
BO
City
Bogota
Hi! I appreciate really much your time and attention, you guys are an amazing community and I have nothing but respect and admiration for the awesome work you do in here. My story goes as follow, I’m a 23 YO female, on July 2020 I had what everybody thought it was a bad cold, I was tested for COVID came back negative, but my white blood count was really really low, they send me home to take rest. 5 days later some swollen lymph nodes appeared under my jaw, they were a little painful but nothing that I couldn’t handle. My guess was that those lymph nodes probably were related to the “viral infection” and I didn’t gave them much attention. At the end of July I started feeling trouble swallowing, at first it was just solid but then it progressed to liquids, I felt the difficulty up in my throat as if my right muscles weren’t working right. Two weeks after that my right feet started to feel kind of off, I was having a little trouble walking and I had to do an extra effort to pull it up with my leg as it didn’t seem to work, only a few days after that muscle twitching started, first it was just in my right leg, then it went to pretty much every part of my body, I went to a Neurologist which send me blood work ups for thyroid, electrolytes, glucose and an MRI to check up for MS all of which came back normal. I still had the same symptoms and my trouble swallowing was getting worse (I’ve already been checked for GERD with an endoscopy and even an ENT checked out that my vocal cords were ok) so they send me to an EMG and neuro-conduction Studies which came back clear, they told me I shouldn’t be worried about motor neuron diseases, but as I’ve had all of these symptoms for over three months by now I’m getting more and more worried. I’ve already read the post it’s of the forum and I know you guys are not doctors as I’ve read in other posts, I just wanted to see if maybe someone had had a similar story to mine.
Thank you again for your incredible support and amazing community.
Ana.

Covid is not the only circulating virus, and the tests to detect it are not infallible. I don't see any reason to worry about ALS. As you will have read, twitching in itself is nothing to worry about. If your ability to do normal things changes signiicantly, I would return to your primary care physician.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back