Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
LO
City
London
For about 4 months now I have been suffering constant leg muscle twitching and cramping.
This mostly in my left leg and foot. Occasionally I get the odd twitch in my right leg.
Then about 2 months ago the muscle twitching started in my arms as well.
My toes on my left leg feel they were just going to go into cramp and wake me at night actually moving on their own.

A lot seems to be going on down my left side.
Left hand shaking picking up something and Left leg trembling going down stairs. Left toes constantly cramping and moving.
I get a lesser version of all these symptoms on my right side.
There is also a tightness in my legs and arms, as if I am wearing compression socks

Saw my doctor, who says strength and reflexes are the same on both sides but is sending me to a neurologist anyway
I am awaiting an appointment which wont be for months due to Covid backlog.

The muscle fasciculations I can ignore most of the time but its hard to ignore the toe cramping and moving
I am worried that the trembling in my leg going down stairs is due to early muscle weakness. Is this how early muscle weakness presents itself?

I would value any imput

Good news Mary - no this is nothing like how ALS starts. Weakness presents by muscles failing, you won't feel a thing.
Please read here carefully.

YouTube is a wealth of demonstrations of stretches and self-massage, Mary. I'd check it out. You may also want to consider the balance of sodium and hydration in your diet. A few drops of magnesium lotion into the L toes before bed, maybe after a hot bath or shower, may help as well. But I see no reason to worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I will get my appointment for the neurologist soon so things can be figured out and ruled out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back