Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
HI
City
Makawao
first of all thank you so much for having this forum.. I hope to either put my mind at ease or look for supportive help as I am extremely anxious about the possibility of having ALS.
Within the last I have been having widespread twitching throughout my body (arms, hands, calf’s, thighs, glutes, shoulders, feet). Initially I would feel it and look down and it would be gone. Sometimes I will feel them, freak out move my leg and it will stop. I notice them most at rest.
I don’t feel like I have any muscle weakness as I was just doing some light lifting for the last few months and even the day before the twitching started.
As of note.. for the last 2 years or so I have been having some parenthesis mostly in my hands and feet sometimes traveling up my left arm. I have had burning sensation in my thighs and hips. as I feel most of us have done we start to google which is the absolute worse thing to do.. and ALS pops up.. I feel like there is some wasting in my left hand below my thumb but I feel like this had been there for a while now as well not something brand new. This hand is also the arm that I feel feels tingling and wrist pain more as well.. which does travel up the arm.
the anxiety has caused me to lose my appetite and I have a Neuro appt but not for a few more weeks. I’m just really scared.

Sorry within the last 2 weeks I’ve been having the twitchinf

Please read this if you have not already

Sensory symptoms such as numbness points away from ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described.

So the good news is that you don’t need to be here.

My apologies if I offended anyone by posting. The Sudden widespread twitching and over the past 2 weeks has gotten me worried and before I could get an appt I was just seeking some information from others that may be experiencing this rather than random internet articles. Thank you

Given new burning in hips and thighs, the first thing I would look at closely, is your bed. Many people injure nerves in their arms/hands from keyboard use and other repetitive movements. And as you have read, widespread twitching is generally nothing. It's tempting to connect all these things when you get worried and Googling seems to reveal the worst, but if you avoid this temptation you can take it step by step.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back