Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Bristol
Hi, Ill try and sum this up. I had what was most likely COVID 19 and had symptoms for 2-3 weeks on a mildish scale, but my breathing was affected. It was then about a week 2 weeks after going back to work I started experiencing symptoms across my body. It started with red palms in the mornings, but have since shown all sorts of parasthesia e.g. mild tingling, sensations in right hand, itchy skin, crawling sensation, hot sensations in feet, waking up feeling a bit stiff in arms and legs, feeling weak but not, sharp pains in legs and arms, both my pinky fingers just feeling odd, mild twitching all over body but not persistent, pain in finger tips. I have also lost about a stone in weight in about a month which is what I'm concerned about especially since it appears my right tricep isn't as defined as my left one yet I'm right handed, but not sure if this could be do with work. please note I work filling shelves and have worked an awful lot, 6 nights a week pratically for 8 weeks. Most of my symptoms come and go. My left arm and hands sometimes feel a bit weird in the morning too, I can clench my fist etc but sometimes my left pinky feels stiff / odd... but I could go to bed with my right pinky feeling a bit odd and wake up and it’s fine but my other one is bothering me.

cheers

Please read this if you have not already done so

You are not describing ALS at all. You are reporting a number of sensory symptoms, none of which have anything to do with ALS, which is a disease of motor neurons. ALS symptoms don’t come and go. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described.

Your symptoms may be post-viral and exacerbated by fatigue, dehydration, and returning to physical activity too quickly. I’ll bet things will improve with appropriate rest, fluids and time. The good news is that you don’t need to be here.

Thank you for your reply...

My main concern is how weird my hand and arm occasionally feels in the morning, with how my
Pinky feels sometimes during the day

Discuss with your doctor but as Karen stated your symptoms are not those of ALS and your answer is not here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back