Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
Hi,
I have had fasciculations since October. Had emg it was fine in December. They have significantly spread all over my body. Some you see, some you feel. They are sending me to a Als Clinic here in Illinois for 2 Nd opinion. My calves muscles have shrunk. I have always had horse legs...very muscular calves from hiking and biking.

I have pain in both calves now and I tried to post a video of the calves fasciculating. I will try and post pic. There is no longer calf definition like I had before.What is there seems to roll and twitch in the whole calf area. It is in both legs and has spread up the legs. left arm is very weak and shakes when used. My calves and arm is tight.

I guess my question is does this look like atrophy? Twitching is non stop..mostly at rest. Except the rolling calves when moving legs! Hope this makes sense, video would have been better! God Bless is all on here! Thank you for any comments. I have lost 10 lbs in a month and I feel internal vibrations through out body. Ct scans, mri of brain... fine. Cervical spine issue with spinal cord compression. Labs are great. No MS, Lyme, or anything else positive. Very scared it is ALS. I hate the twitching and cramping! No sleep either for a few months.

B11E1DAA-AF9E-406E-882A-124B812533A8.jpeg
B11E1DAA-AF9E-406E-882A-124B812533A8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read this if you have not already done so: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. I don’t see atrophy in the pictures, but pictures generally are not helpful to us. Only a physician examining you can reliably diagnose atrophy. And even if you have atrophy, it is nonspecific and more commonly due to many conditions other than ALS.

So you are not describing ALS at all. And with a normal EMG in December, you’re good to go.

Praying with all my heart! I go to the ALS clinic tomorrow and I am so scared. Thank you for your comments❤️ God Bless you🙏

Hi,
I have been having fasciculations all over since October. Can anyone explain a fibrillation. I have twitches that I can see and feel quite well. But, past few weeks, I feel like little zappers or flutters under my skin. It started in feet and now is up legs and moving into finger tips and arms, you can’t see it, just feel it. Are these fibrillations. Sometimes they kind of hurt, but, for the most past ,Ames me want to rub them away!
Notice then when at rest.

Fibrillations are not something you can feel. They happen in single muscle fibers and can only be detected on EMG

it sounds like those are just funny twitches

what did the ALS clinic say

please stay on one thread

Fibrillations are not something you can feel. They happen in single muscle fibers and can only be detected on EMG

it sounds like those are just funny twitches

what did the ALS clinic say

please stay on one thread
Am I not on Could this be als thread?
They ran more lab work. Read all my MRI and CT scan results. I do have spinal cord compression in cervical spine and RA throughout with bulging discs. Saw my calf muscles fasciculating. Said that spine issues would not cause lower limb twitching.
I go again the 11th for another appt and he wants to do another emg. All labs are fine, except those pertaining to Lupus/Ra and the other autoimmune diseases I have. I had to stop my biologic injections until we figure out ALS or not. Thank you for your response!

You posted in cihals subforum yes but you started a new thread. I merged it with your existing one to keep everything together. As long as this is open keep replying to this thread don’t start other topics

Hi,
Quick question. I forced myself to do a long walk today. Usually after I get major twitching, of all sizes in legs. Today I have had intermittent internal vibrations in my left inner thigh. Off and on for over an hour. No pain and normal twitching in legs. Never had this before. It is quite strong. Feels like a phone is vibrating! Any input greatly appreciated. Is this also a symptom of ALS?

Mod note- merged new thread to existing thread. Please only post in the thread you already have here to keep everything in one place and easier for folks to access. Per Nikki's request above.

No, it's not a symptom of ALS. Do you know why? Because you dont have ALS. Congrats!!

Mod note- merged new thread to existing thread. Please only post in the thread you already have here to keep everything in one place and easier for folks to access. Per Nikki's request above.
I sure will! Thank you for telling me! Just getting the hang of it!

No, it's not a symptom of ALS. Do you know why? Because you dont have ALS. Congrats!!
I have befriended several pals and some have said they have the internal vibrations

I have befriended several pals and some have said they have the internal vibrations
but that is like saying headaches are a symptom of brain cancer ...

Wow, you seem to be a doom and gloom sort of person. We’re telling you your story doesn’t sound at all like ALS and you’re trying to convince us otherwise. This forum is not about arguing with people who have terminal illness. I’m going to close this thread and you can take further questions and complaints to your doctors. Best wishes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back