00/0000
Country
DE
State
BE
City
KW
Hello there,

my Name is Bastian, i am 28 yearsfrom Germany (i am sorry for my english 😞 ). My Story did start two years ago where the twitching startet in my lower legs. After two weeks where it didnt disapeared i went to see my doctor. He got me an appointment with a neurologist, who did some tests (ständig on one leg, jumping etc). Everything was ok...

The twitching didnt go away and started to ne all over my body and my right arm and leg started to feel a bit weird, so i went again to See my neurologist.
He did an emg of my lower and upper legs and from my right triceps or biceps (i dont know anymore, cause i was really really nervous and scared) with everything ok (this was half a year ago).

My right arm and leg started to feel weak.. I recognized this cause we bought us an old house where i had some work to do.

Whenever i used tools for the work like a driller or hammer, my right lower arm and/or shoulder shortly started to "hurt", so i had to pause for 1 minute or try to use my other arm.

I recognized that my right arm was a bit smaller than my left one, especially the shoulder, triceps and my lower arm. (i am right handed normally).
So i went again to my neurologist... He did some tests again (no emg) and messured the Size of my upper arms. There was a differency of 1cm (0.4inch). He looked with a ultrasound device after the muscles of my legs and said everything is Fine..
I asked him about my smaller arm and shoulder and he Said that he can see a bit of a difference but nothing to worry about. If it would be ALS there must be a much bigger difference.. That was 2 months ago.

I am really really scared cause all of this. My right arm feels weak and everytime i work in our house its a pain...
Its not like that i cant lift the Hammer anymore, but i can swing it about maybe 10 times then my shoulder, lower arm and fingers starting to "hurt" (its not really pain, but i cant describe it any better) so i have to Pause for 30seconds before i Start over.
Since yesterday my right hand feels pretty weird.. After the work in our House it felt so weak, i thought i cant grab and hold a Cup of tea.

The Same happens if i write a letter. The muscle at the bottom of my Hand starts to hurt so i have to wait some time etc....

my nights getting worse cause all the thoughts in my Head. I am pretty scared cant concentrate in school.

Could this be ALS?

Summerizing the Facts:
- Twitching since two years
- Every Test they did was fine, even though it was done some Time ago
- my right arm feels weak and i got Problems with it at work

Hi Bastion, there is a sticky post at the top of this forum section that asks you to read it first. It answers your questions already.

Just as your neurologist has been telling you for 2 years - does not sound at all like ALS! That's great news.

Go back to your regular doctor and get checked again as you may need to see a physio, an orthopaedic doctor or some other specialty and get this problem fixed. There could be a wide range of reasons for your pain, but it won't be ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back