Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
La
City
Scott
I am 49 years old and been trying to found out what is wrong with me. My symptoms have stumped my GP. For the past 6 weeks I have experienced severe pain in my upper thighs ( mainly right side) my buttock check ( right side) both feet. My right hand goes completely numb and my pinky and ring finger also have severe pain to where I can not use my hand to open things. About 4 years ago had to have a head X-ray and the radiologist said I had leison on my brain. Never checked if out as I past it off as scare tissue from a childhood brain injury and had to have surgery. Every once in a while I can feel my face twitch and start to tingle. My legs feel like they weigh 100 pounds , it very hard to walk. I find my self starting to trip or stumble. Had to do a swollen test because I have been choking for a year or so . The test came back as bone spurs on my neck which is pressing on my esphogoes . I have been referred to a RA dr. But one dr said its sounds like ALS. HAd bloodwork ANA negative and so was my RA factor. Any feedback would be great

When do you expect your GP to refer you to a neurologist? Which Dr suggested ALS? Premature opinion based on...?

If you read the posts & stickies, the vast majority of PALS were diagnosed following an EMG test. (and for many many more people having an EMG, ALS is thankfully ruled out).

Best of luck in your search for answers. Let us know.

Went to RA doctor today ruled out RA I now have an appointment on 12/18. With Nero dr. RA dr was able to tell me that I have brisk reflexes on my right side compared to left side. Pain and weakness is all on right side unable to grasp tight with my right hand and wrist hurts, not corpal tunnel. Will have Nero dr do MRI of neck, back, and a nerve study of my right arm. My voice is starting to get horse off and on not sure why. Just trying to figure out what is wrong . The dr today did day that I sure have something very compacted going on

None of your symptoms are consistent, in anyway with ALS. You have many sensory issues and sensory nerves are seldom affected by als. I am glad you have an appointment with a neurologist.

I agree with Aly. Doesn't sound like ALS. Keep us posted as to what your Neurologist says.

Wrong forum.

Admin issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back