Could this be ALS ??? Very scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn’t sound like ALS. Emgs of ALS are noisy when they should be quiet and to be ALS it has to be widespread not one small muscle. You are right you are doing this to yourself. Call your primary and see if they can see the report in the system.

Expresso, this is going onto 2 pages. You’re doing this to yourself. As you just wrote...

“its Literally like I'm dying everyday... the tech also said that I did feel strong on the bottom when he pushed and pulled my feet.. but legs starting to feel like putty and like I lean to one side a lil.. wake up n go to bed Literally thinking im dying. Thank God for the Xanax to go to sleep even that's not working well..”

Key words… “the tech also said that I did feel strong on the bottom when he pushed and pulled my feet.”

Great sign !!

Again, as I wrote.... "Suggestion... stop reading about ALS.

*I notice you are the site now.

"Key words... "Neuro dr did say he didn't think I had any underlying disease"

A Neurologist is an highly educated, highly trained physician. You're not.

Log off. Find something to do. If you can't stay off your computer... search Health
Anxiety.

Work with your PCP. Post the Summary/Conclusion at the bottom of your EMG report.

Nikki. Unfortunately yes it was loud that I couldn't hear tec tell me to push my toes up. I'm tryongvto keep faith that he said it was just one small muscle and that he c did get response from other muscles in the leg but they were low responses..
I'm meeting with the neuro in one hour to go over results. I'm very very nervous right now .

You can’t have it both ways no response does not correlate with noisy. If he was moving the needle and searching of course it was noisy and it is noisy when you are trying to move a muscle too. Let us know what the doctor says. Ask all your questions

NIllinois, just got back from neuro. He said the emg was ok.just a small muscle not working due to possible nerve damage. I said to him what about my left leg smaller then my right .he said its not that big of difference and it's not muscle atrophy on my left leg. The right leg has some more fat around the ankle area.
He dosent see any signs of als but he's giving me a upper emg tonight to put my mind at total ease..

the big question is - will you believe the next EMG? It is a waste of resources to give you a second one so you must have been quite insistent so please believe the result and go live your life, don't let these fears steal it from you, you can get help.

One question before I go. Upon leaving the office visit with my neuro. He gave ma clinical exam as he did last time. When he asked me to touch my thumb to my pinky I had a hard time doing that on my right Dominant hand . I just barely could touch my pinky with my thumb and ring finger curled down, . So I'm just thinking is that a sign of ALS. Going tonight for upper EMG..
He said lower emg no sign of als. Just asking

If he thought it was worrisome he would have told you. Please do not post again until you are reporting official results from your neurologist - not what you think - what he says were the actual results

Nikki , I know how hard some people have with getting something out of there brain and I guess im one of fhem. The neuro completed the upper EMG the other night and said all was good. The symptoms still persist with a new one of atrophy in my right gluteus and some soreness. Feell my legs are little weaker, and my voice still hoarsed for a weeks and a little twitching in left shoulder. .I will accept that the EMGs are the gold seal which is what some people have told me and try and move on.
I won't seek another opion as I'm fighting that but I will try and use this forums advice which is comforting. Thank you again for all the support and knowledge.

Congrats on your clean EMG, your clean clinical exams, and your non-ALS symptoms. Yay! I hope that you can be so very grateful for this wonderful confirmation of you not having ALS.

Coupled with the forum members opinions that you don't exhibit ALS should put your mind at ease. If it does not, you may need to seek guidance on how to achieve this. The blessing to this is, you no longer need to be here. That's great news.

Best of luck to you and take good care.

It is so important that you work with your doctor or any future doctors with
your continuing symptoms.

We have members who are extremely ALS knowledgeable. They have
studied, researched, some have participated in numerous studies, tests or lived it
as CALS themselves... and probably stored banks of information they can refer to.
Or… they have a tremendous memory or recall.

They are very very helpful with credible info. But… they do not have a license
to practice medicine. They can not do tele-visits. They are not Neurologists.

Again, so important you work with your doctors and try not to second guess
them and find yourself back here searching old Threads. Like we see so often.

But.. the replies you have received from the extremely ALS knowledgeable
members should help you move on from this Forum.

Glad for ya... your great news.

Last edited:
Al, thank you. Yes the neuro did a upper emg to i guess ease my mind which he said was good. And said he did not see any als . Although my symptons of a thinner left leg and horse throat( 3 weeks)
And some right hand [thumb to pinky ) difficulty exist. . I will try and put all behind me. I have one question to ask before I leave forum. Upon awakening 2 days ago after my neuro visit. I noticed a
Significant muscle loss in my right gluteus. A little sore to touch .showed my wife she agreed didn't know what it was. So what goes tru my mind is left leg thinner now right gluteus shrunken. Nothing to be concerned with AlS ?
Lower or upper emg would have picked up on it right ? I do have a follow up in 3 months. I don't want to call office and press the issue and look stupid thinking
This is ALS related. Just wanted your final thoughts and opion.
Thank you

You had clinical exams and negative EMGs and the neuro told you not ALS. Atrophy does not occur overnight so if you have it it was present to some degree when you had these done and atrophy in ALS follows clinical weakness and denervation which you did not show

there are many many other causes of your symptoms. If / when you decide to pursue them with your doctor you need to stop focusing on ALS and instead ask what is wrong. Your job is to tell the doctor your symptoms. Their job is to find out what they mean. When you try to direct the investigation you impede this process

Just stop. Please. Atrophy in ALS does not happen in the buttocks overnight. Enough already; your questions have been answered over and over ad nauseum. You have your health. Why on God's green earth are you not grateful that? Please go speak to someone so you can move past this depth of anxiety you've reached.

I sincerely with you all the best. Take good care.

Expresso, last sentence of your post...

"Just wanted your final thoughts and opion."

You just got 'em... you're out of here. I hope and for your
own good before ALS Health Anxiety ruins your life with
the years you have left being 60 years old.

13 posts... gone on to two pages. You do not have ALS.

No need to reply. About anything.

PS. If (if) you are hoping to apply for SSDI because you are
feeling so incapacitated there are other avenues you can
pursue through your doctors. ALS won't get you there.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back