00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Kingston
Hello All,

I just want to say i appreciate you all and thank you for reading my post. You guys are amazing and in my prayers.

Im 35 yrs old and some how i'm back in the rabbit hole. My muscles became inflamed again after a year(2021) and muscle twitching. The twitching isn't as intense as before but now im finding it more widespread and in my back and chest after i stretch. It only happens when im sitting or laying down , having pain in arms and feet with the inflammation. The inflammation has passed again but muscles still feel sore. Twitch everyday random places a few times a day. I went to the rheumatologist a better once since last year he scheduled me w the nuero for a EMG next week.. Im kinda nervous again as a natural worrier .. Im not asking you guys to diagnosis me but does any of this sound familiar. Also having alot of pins and needles feeling in feet sitting, alots more in the arm after sleeping on it. The rheumo tested my strength i think i did ok he didn't say anything. I can still do everything its been about 2 months of these aches and pain idk if my body is breaking down. Nervous bout the EMG

(Previous thread here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pins and needles that are worse after sleep suggest that your whole sleep setup should be reconsidered -- pillow, frame, mattress, overlay, room temperature, etc. You have presented no new reason to worry about ALS, and so I am confident the EMG will be reassuring in that regard. I would also ask about evaluation for RLS/PLMD and similar disorders, and also about therapeutic massage.

Best,
Laurie

thank you for the reply Laurie

Update. I had my EMG today all results normal on both arms hands and legs. The neuro was great and told me twitching without other signs is meaningless. i will get take myself out the rabbit hole, and continue to support the effort against this disease. i want to thank you all for all the information provided and help you guys do on this forum. All twitchers that come here please read the information given to you in before you post section.

That's great news. I am so glad for your clean EMG results, that must be a relief to get such a firm answer from your neuro. I sincerely wish you continued good health.

~F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back