00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Kingston
Hello,

I want to say thank you guys for reading , and bless you all and i appreciate this group. I have been doing research on here but i believe it was time to post , to see if anyone has had these issues.

So for the last 3 months i have been twitching all over my body, every day a different part. It started with a weird buzzing/vibration feeling in my lower gut cant even pin point the area of the buzzing but just felt like i had a cell phone inside me buzzing. Anyway of course i googled my symptoms and it brought up ALS so my anxiety kicked in being only 33 . So i keep doing research and i see that weakness is the main warning sign. Since the twitching i have been fatigue and sore and feeling like i've ran a marathon after doing the smallest things. The research says that i don't have clinical weakness. Its been 3 months and i have been able to do everything normal but some days im just extremely tired and body just so sore. Like this week my arms feel like i did a million push ups from just carrying groceries inside. I finally was able to see the doctor and they ran by blood work, so far the only thing out of norm was my CPK was 2000 and it says the average is from 100- 400. Im also Vitamin D deficient how ever they have me seeing a rheumatologist and not a Nuero.. I have my appointment in a few days but i was wondering. If they were recommended to a rheumatologist first. My muscles are Inflamed does this mean they are dying ??..

What did your doctor say? Are they repeating the cpk? That doesn’t sound like ALS at all. It could be related to your low D. There is also something called rhabdomyolysis but anyway not an ALS picture

Hi Nickki , they are repeating the CPK my doctor said she wants to see if there is any change in the CPK . thank you for your feed back

Some PALS do have some elevations in CPK but many don't.
ALS is a disease of the brain and spinal cord, not a muscle disease.
It sounds like the doctors are investigating along a path that your clinical exam and tests so far indicate.
If you are unsure about any of it, talking to your doctor is going to give you solid answers.
All the best with this, as you know you are not experiencing any of the hallmarks of ALS which is great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back