00/0000
Country
DE
State
HE
City
FrankfurtamMain
Hello dear forum community,

I am 25 m and for some time now only a quiet reader, but I just can't get any further with my problems.

In November 19 it started with weakness in the right hand and numbness on the back of the hand. The next day, the same symptoms came to the left hand. The weakness is to be described in such a way that things are more difficult for me but in principle I can still do everything. I also occasionally spread muscle twitching over the body. The weakness is now spread all over the arm. My arm feels more like it doesn't really belong to the body. I'm afraid that these are the signs of paralysis ...

Investigations:
Blood unremarkable
MRI cervical spine lumbar spine head without findings
Narrow slightly reduced on both sides
EMG calf triceps biceps thighs No findings
Lumbar puncture without finding
Noticeable:
Increased liver function tests
Increased LDH 4-5
Low ATP value (Mitochondrial)

A week ago I still had an EMG on both hands. This was also without any findings, which seems strange to me because the "weakness" is strongest there. Should the EMG show abnormalities there 5 months after the symptom started?

When I go to Google I unfortunately always come to ALS ...

If someone had ideas for further investigations or any other idea, I would be very grateful to him!

Should the EMG show abnormalities there 5 months after the symptom started?
If you had ALS, it would. The good news is that you don’t have ALS. Please keep working with your doctors.

Please read this through three time as it is a lot to absorb. No way you are describing ALS, hopefully your doctors will figure things out with you as you work with them.

I am sorry that you are frightened that you may have a terminal illness. The upside, I can tell you that you are not describing ALS. Take heart kid, listen to your doctor, trust your body. My late husband use to say if something is really wrong it will make a big noise and stop, he was right my leg stopped and I made a big noise when I fell. Go out and have a great life.

think the low mitochondria values can indicate ALS? ATP value is 0,08

the weakness in my right hand is getting worse. however, there was an EMG there a week ago and that was unremarkable. what can it be ...

No, that has nothing to do with ALS. It's time to stop now and focus putting your energy into living well and being grateful for your health. Not into continuing to ask non-ALS questions of terminally ill folks. Again, keep working with your doctor. You DO NOT need to be here, so please move on. It's for your own good.

Good luck to you.

Moritz, while it must be very worrying for you, there's not much more the people here can provide you in the way of information or reassurance. And it is certainly not a place to continue speculation after you have received multiple replies already from members here, plus the expert assessment and reassurance it is not ALS from your doctor- who can examine you and has provided you the EMG results.

Please understand the folk here are sympathetic, but this forum is unhealthy for those who are health anxious and who have been told "No ALS" by their doctors and multiple reassurances here.

No more posting unless there is new information provided to you from your doctor that indicates a concern by them for motor neuron disease.

a test for Lyme disease is positive. do you think such symptoms can come from Lyme disease? Unfortunately I'm still afraid of ALS

Your symptoms and emg results don’t align with ALS. If you had a positive Lyme test that was done by a mainstream doctor ( not alternative medicine) then you should pursue it. Neurologic lyme does exist And prompt treatment yields best results.

Having addressed this and given your lack of ALS symptoms and multiple emgs I am closing this thread. Please do not start another. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back