00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Hi Everyone,
I’m new here. 35 years old female. I haven’t been sleeping for the last few days just worried about my symptoms and it’s hard been a mom to a little one and having to go through this terrifying thoughts if I have it or not.
Started with my eye lid thiching after a few months I had an occasion where my hand thumb started thiching to the point you could see it moving. Few days later I’m having muscles spasms all over my body constantly. No pain but weird because I mever had this before. Yesterday I felt my right arm little weird almost cranping but not sure if that is the right word for it but it feel odd. Today I woke up feeling good no pain just the muscles spasms. I move my limbs fine and grip is good. But Could this bee a sign of Als? Having my muscles tiching all the time? If someone can give me advice I appreciate it.

Hi Karen,
The muscles spasms all over my body is not normal and hopefully it’s just stress. I went to the emergency room there the doctor examined me basic exam and said I think it might be fasciculation síndrome but why am I having this now? Also why my arm yesterday felt weird all day until I woke up? Would it be because of exercise or the begine fasciculations? It’s keeping me on the edge here just more and more stressed out and not sleeping at night.

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Up to 70% of people twitch.

Twitching and spasms and cramping can be part of Benign Fasciculation Syndrome, but they can also be set off by heavy exertion, stress, anxiety, caffeine, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, thyroid disease, and reactions to some medications and supplements. Occasionally other systemic illnesses can cause these symptoms.

If you have not had a good going over by a primary care doctor, that would be a good place to start.

Please carefully read through the link ShiftKicker sent. If you can still do everything you could do before this started, then ALS is not a worry. Also, things feeling strange or feeling weak is not the same as true clinical weakness as assessed by a physician.

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Up to 70% of people twitch.

Twitching and spasms and cramping can be part of Benign Fasciculation Syndrome, but they can also be set off by heavy exertion, stress, anxiety, caffeine, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, thyroid disease, and reactions to some medications and supplements. Occasionally other systemic illnesses can cause these symptoms.

If you have not had a good going over by a primary care doctor, that would be a good place to start.

Please carefully read through the link ShiftKicker sent. If you can still do everything you could do before this started, then ALS is not a worry. Also, things feeling strange or feeling weak is not the same as true clinical weakness as assessed by a physician.
Hello,
Thank you for replying back to me. I had that cramp weird sensation in my right arm yesterday and now starting to feel a little funny again with spasms in that arm and over my body. I have been able to do everything normal. I scheduled a primary visit for next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back