Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Pinnellas Park
A week ago(exactly, Firday-Friday), I awoke on the reclining couch(usually sleep in my bed, but my CRT monitor had issued a potent burning smell, after which I immediately high-tailed it out of there and plugged the room at the bottom crack of the door, leaving the window open (turned AC off, of course), and went to sleep on the couch at a helthy 8 AM after searching the internet to see if that smell would kill me. (I'd say I was breathing it for 10-15 minutes.) After google cooed gentle assurances into my ear, I got on the couch and drifted off to sleep. Next day I went for a brisk walk, not much more than I usually do every night with my dog. However, that was the only exercise I was getting. I had a mild fever (just feels a tiny bit hotter than usual, sometimes got a bit hotter. Felt in ears and eyes at night.)

Now, skip forward a day and my calves hurt more, responding to exertion and physical contact. I hadn't seemed to have lost any dexterity, as I could lift my legs up and make (almost, tended to cut when the thigh bent inwards and down) perfect circles with them. Hopping on one leg seemed to be the worst in terms of physical pain, and I felt I wasn't jumping as far / high as I ought to be, but sore muscles make sense to generate some subconscious (or conscious) restraint. Needless to say, did it just a little. Getting up and walking around seemed to make them feel better. I suspected I had ALS on the day after this. Got dizzy / disoriented every now and again, usually while sitting.

Day after they hurt less. Left was almost 100% better, right was just a little sore Started noticing very rare, single "jumps" in my legs late that night, all over. Went cycling, went longer than usual(It had even been a while) before my legs started to feel tired.

Anyway, during the course of the week my thighs and right hamstring became sore. I want to say it's DOMS from cycling. My legs hurt at the very pelvis joint when I lift then up extended (much less now, but still there). I don't think I've lost any leg dexterity. There's no way fro me to tell if I'm bulbar onset and it's spreading, as I've had a nasal voice since I was 10, and don't get out much. I didn't do anya ctivity the week before my calves started to hurt (save walking the dog). Two and a half days ago I did my first weight lifting of the week using dumbbells (fairly light, rep focused, 4 sets of 5). I did a few upward shoulder lifts, and late that night my left arm started feeling heavy. Before I got to sleep it went numb.

Day after that it's even heavier, I hurled after breakfast. (been feeling sick after eating all week, typically only on the first meal). I started getting dizzy less and less as the week wore on. Today all my mleg muscles are feeling much improved over the last few days(just DOMS from cycling?). What's worrying me is I've started having chest pains around the base of my left pec. There's a muscle right below my right pec that appears to be absent on the left. Did I pull it while weightlifting? I'm pretty thin too. Went to the beach earlier today and got in the ocean, stood my ground against some fairly tall and fast waves up at pec height. I've been able to run as fats and jump as far as usual, farther than at the beginning of the week, and my calves seem much more toned when they're being exerted (flexing / standing), and are relaxed, and yet seem more hefty when at rest. I haven't noticed any limited range of movement, and when I'm not slightly dizzy I haven't been any clumsier than usual (which I'm not very clumsy). Let it be noted I started a multivitamin containing B12 on day 2 or 3, the deficiency of which I understand to have very similar symptoms to ALS. I also had diarrhea on one day, and soft stool on two days leading up to it. I'm only 16, and despite being a tad of a hypochondriac I've never been this worried in my life. Have a GP visit set for Monday. tested for Babinski's sign and my toes curve down slightly as the sole of the foot spread out some. What do you all think?

I think you should go back to the beach and have lots of fun. You're fine. Go get checked-out by your GP for peace of mind. Sleep would probably be helpful too. Take care.

I think you should go back to the beach and have lots of fun. You're fine. Go get checked-out by your GP for peace of mind. Sleep would probably be helpful too. Take care.

I was chatting with a physician I've known online through completely unrelated channels for a while. He told me to not walk out of the appointment without a neuro referral. Then when I told him about my other symptoms and my calves getting better, along with my dexterity still being there he didn't have a clue as to what it might be. The second I mentioned my arm feeling funny he said the thing about getting a neuro referral. Scared me half to death.

Oh, and please noone say I'm fine solely because of my age. There's a thread on this very forum posted by a mother that lost someone my age to ALS.

Today I got out again and went cycling after taking my vitamin and having a hotdog breakfast. My legs got tired earlier (about halfway, 25% before the last time), but they're sore, so I suppose that's normal. My left arm's motion seems a little jerky in any movement involving the shoulder. No pain though. I screwed in some stuff and tinkered around inside my computer today without any issues, though I dropped a few screws (and once the screw driver) with my left, but it seems just a little clumsier than usual. Think it's normal and my worry is making it seem worse?

Do you still have that morning sickness? Pain in muscles isn't usually a sign of ALS and nausea isn't either. Go buy a lottery ticket. You've got a better chance of winning than having ALS.

AL.

I thoguht lottery odds were < than 2:100,000? Nausea started tonight after I ate a few brownies and vanilla ice cream, though I shoved down dinner without any punishment. I had diarrhea again today, and my legs seem to hurt less all around, though. My left arm is still jittery, and I think I'm making a few more typos. However, I can easily draw circles with my extended index finger (rotating just it), which I couldn't do too well yesterday.

Hot dogs for breakfast would give me nausea and diharrea too. Doc's is Monday? Right.? Try to forget about the net and looking at every little twitch as a sign of impending doom.

AL.

hot dogs, brownies, vanilla ice cream...
What happened to vegetables, whole grains and a well balanced diet? My stomach would be in a whirlwind if I ate like that as well.
Worrying so much will give you wrinkles, alas, I have none!
See your doctor monday, and leave the internet alone,
Keep the faith,
brenda

Horrible diet's never hurt me before. I'm only 130, probably less now after working out this week. I suppose I'll keep at it to try and get rid of some of the fat in my lower areas.

Well, I went to the doctor today and got a checkup in addition. I went ahead and got the white patch around my eye checked out too. Probably something fungal near the surface. Anyway, he said that if the numbness / tingling persists to come back in for a neuro referral, and that my twitching was either A) Sleep deprivation or B) potassium deficiency. Forgot to tell him about my bite, but tics attach rather than just bite and go, so it probably wasn't even a tic bite, let alone lyme infected. Anyway, I'm feeling sufficiently better. Have some pain up in my arms near the elbow / shoulders, but they've been sore. They went ahead and gave me a required vaccination for when school starts, so now my left arm is sore where they stuck it.

I've got a little twitching, and my big toe / a few of the smaller ones and a little area on the top of my foot is tingling. It isn't numb as I can feel everything, but it's tingling, along with a little section of my shin bone.

Today I woke up only 6 hours after goign to sleep (the sun probably did it, window was opened, but this has been happening.) and my whole right arm was numb. My movement with it was clumsy, and there was a little tingling sensation. As I waited a few moments it went away completely, and I rgeained full fine control Now, I typically sleep on my right side, but I've been trying to sleep on my back lately. Now, if this was any kind of MND out there would I have regained perfect control of my arm and fingers, and the sensation gone away?

Anyone who sleeps on their arm can wake up numb and once the circulation starts numbness is gone. Those millions don't have an MND. Neither do you.

AL.

The areas that tingle after a while (my toes, the top of my foot around the front of the ankle, feels like mild pressure too, along with a section of my lower shin bone. Hasn't happened so much the past few days) have been getting sore when I tap my feet for a little bit (a minute or so) at a good speed (3-5/s, if I focus, otherwise it doesn't fatigue me in less than 10 mins, but generates a little tingle after I stop, is this normal?), especially in the shin. Is this normal fatiguing and I'm just worrrying? I also can't seem to spread my big toe away from the rest as well on my left foot as I can on my right (though I can still do it, and if I manually position them I can hold it.) The bitg toe goes out all the way, the ones that don't move to the side very well (but go up / down) are the other toes to the left.(the pinkie toe can be moved aside by itself though) However, I have had a cramp on top of my foot behind the big toe and the next one, so that's to be expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back