00/0000
Country
US
State
AL
City
Huntsville
Disclaimer: Very Long Post so please bare with me
Aug 21 or 22- crook in my neck on the right side was very painful for about 2 days and then subsided.

Aug 24- Pressure all over head

Aug 25- Pressure all over head, on and off headache throughout head. Went to hospital at 6 that evening where I recieved a CT scan of my head and some fluids, Benadryl and some type of other medicine in an IV around 9-10:30pm. Pressure subsided immensely after an hour or 2 after the IV of fluids and meds.

Aug.26- Woke up pressure in head subsided at about 50% but starting have pain throughout my arms, legs, chest and back on and off and felt very drowsy but I did have Benadryl the night before so that eventually subsided throughout the day. Went to bed and started having burning sensation in my head and middle of chest as well as sharp on off pains on the sides of my neck and both arms, hands, feet And head with mild pressure still in my head. Also had the worst sleep ever, woke up about 3-4 times, felt very jittery, and slight “muscle twitching” that weren’t painful but I still felt the jump of the muscle I guess you can say

Aug. 27-28

Difficulty swallowing (like a lump in my throat) sometimes and sometimes just difficult swallowing. On the 28th didn’t have many headaches just an ache or 2 the whole day and barely any pressure but sometimes a lil bit on and off. Also the 28th around the evening time starting to develop soar throat and had itchy ears for a short moment in the afternoon. On Aug 27th noticed ridges in side of tongue and in the 28th noticed my tongue bigger on one side while resting in my mouth.

Aug. 29

Slight pressure in head that got a tad worse after I went outside and exercised but got better after I ate and drunk more water. Felt more muscle twitching today on the right side of face and in both legs on and off. No severe headache, still mild difficulty swallowing on and off. Really weird. Also I’ve been having mild on and off tingling of my hands and feet as well as pain in my fingertips the past couple of days as well.

Aug. 30

Again, yesterday afternoon I walked 2 miles outside and it was hot. Last night while trying to go sleep I had like slightly burning aches at the bottom of my feet that would go up to my ankles also accompanied by on and off muscle twitches in both of my legs in different parts of my legs. Woke up this morning and it subsided tremendously however still feel kinda inflamed at this point I have no idea was going on with me whether it’s nerve damage, brain problems, stress, malnutrition or what and I’m feeling very anxious

*At the beginning of the few days when all this started I would also have mild shortness of breath on and off

• As of Aug. 30th I have not lost sensation in any of my limbs or weakness other than pressure in my head which I have not felt today so far and it’s 5:32pm right now, and other than the muscular fatigue in my calf’s and the sole of both of my feet which may have been from the 2 mile speed walk I did on yesterday. But when I worked out 3 days ago it was outside and I did 2 miles but it wasn’t as hot and I didn’t have muscle fatigue in my calf’s or feet so idk. I had 5 bottles of water and ate once and the day before I had 3 bottles of water and ate once
On Aug 30th I have also noticed like my neck and shoulders seem a tad tense when I woke up this morning but not really like they’re not stiff cause I can move them fine they’re just idk I guess fatigued too or tense but not stiff I can’t explain it but it has gotten a lil better throughout the day. The muscle twitching has also been worse today throughout all parts of my legs and sometimes other parts of my body. I also still have had mild difficulty of swallowing like my throat is tighten or blocked or something.

Aug. 31

Still experiencing mild twitching in multiple parts of my body including leg, thigh, foot, and sometimes my upper arm, and my neck. My neck is also a lil stiff with slight pain this morning on the same side I had the crook in my neck. My swallowing still feel weird so it’s been 2 days since I’ve took my blood pressure medicine due to me being afraid and it getting stuck in my throat or choking. Haven’t had any significant muscle weakness still but I do feel a lil weak all over my body right at 3:00pm but I have only ate once the past few days and yesterday I only had 2 1/2 bottles of water and today so far I’ve only had 1 bottle of water

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, have you read the link Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms ?

You don't really list anything that would make a doctor think ALS. It's a pretty specific pattern of symptoms, and you are talking about head pressure, pain, etc. You need to see a doctor to get a full exam and get your history taken, but it's not super clear why you'd assume ALS. Sounds like you have a virus to me.

I just didn’t know if it was ALS or not cause I’ve been having difficulty swallowing (not painful), muscle twitches all over, neck stiffness, and my tongue is like lifted on one side now and when I stick it out in v shape it kind of deviates a Lil to the opposite side of where it sits higher... if that makes sense

Really don’t worry about ALS. ALS doesn’t start like that nor would you have symptoms from head to foot. Nor are your symptoms those of ALS. Agree with Fiona that maybe you are fighting a virus. Rest and keep yourself hydrated. If you don’t feel better soon check with your doctor - not for ALS but for your general health

Vetterica, you've kept a very detailed diary of your symptoms over just
a nine day period.

Just a suggestion... copy your post above and bring it with you seeing
a doctor soon, so you don't forget anything. Let him/her review it.

But, as two very ALS knowledgeable Moderators have tried to assure you...
ALS is not a consideration. Again... see a doctor soon.

I'll make it three. There's no reason to think about ALS. The fact that your headache was relieved with fluids and that you acknowledge not staying hydrated since then points to dehydration as a contributing factor, especially since you exercise regularly, in a hot/humid summer climate.

I would also take a long look at your sleeping environment, like whether it's time for a new pillow and/or mattress, make sure your filters are all clean, etc. And, of course, the first stop for any longstanding symptoms should be your primary care doc.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you guys for your response! I decided to get an EMG and EEG anyhow to be on the safe side and rule things out and I’ll know the results in 2 weeks. I’ll be sure to update. Again thank you all

Also since I’ve only been having these symptoms for 2 weeks, If I did have any type of neurological or neuromuscular disorder including ALS would it still show? Or do you all the 2 weeks is too early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back