Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RO
State
IF
City
bucharest
Hi there!My name is Radu and I am from Romania.By the end of September 2017 my first symptoms appeared after a viral infection.Fasciculations in thights,abdomen,shoulders,arms,eyes,ears and chin and weakness in my left knee and also in my left pinky.At my neuro exam has been found very brisk reflexes.Years begotr I had cramps in my right thigh.I had three emgs within a month and it has been found bilateral carpal tunnel without active denervations.In Octomber 2018 I had another emg and the doctor found the same thing.Now I have encountered new symptoms.I feel that my voice sometimes is nasal and raspy,my left pinky is weak,sometimes I mispronunciate words.The things that wories me the most is that I forget some words during a conversation and I have emotional lability.I am tearfull at everything that impress me not being sad.I will have another emg in Octomber 2019.Could als from onset to diagnostic take two years without decline in motric functions:gait and walking?

Past thread here: Afraid it might be ALS

Radu, it doesn't sound like ALS from what you report- you would have very detectable function loss by now. I am hoping you are not so focused on ALS that other possibilities are being missed by doctors seeking just to reassure you about ALS.

Thank you for your kindness replying to me.I can live a normal life since those simptoms kicked in.My anxiety took over my life.

The thing that worries me the most is emotional lability.Could this symptom be because of anxiety?

You don't have ALS. Why aren't you grateful for this? Any further questions really should be brought to your physician as this is not a general health anxiety forum.

Best of luck to you in your future. Take good care.

Thanks a lot.I hope you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back