Diagnosis
07/2005
Country
US
State
GA
City
Lawrenceville
I seem to live on cough drops. I have trouble after talking--start coughing and sometimes can't stop. Seems to be worse in evenings. Sometimes even swallowing saliva will start the cough.
Afraid this will happen when shopping/church/movies.
Does anyone have ideas for how to control or stop coughing spells.

I have issues with coughing too, usually due to saliva buildup, but I'd be afraid I'd choke on a cough drop if I got coughing while I had one of my mouth.

Hey greenjeans!

Do you have a cough assist machine? My husband has one(doesn't use it everyday like he should) and says it does help to clear lungs and secretions to cut down on coughing during day.

Since he has started taking Lithium, the coughing has been less and the cramping in the throat has almost disappeared. Can't say for sure if it is the Lithium, but he's not really changed anything else.

I would also be concerned about the cough drops, as liz stated. Your mouth/tongue/throat muscles are weakening. Be careful!

Wish you well!

Hi All,
I have been away for awhile. Freddie is starting to pocket alot, we are going to Methodist Thursday and hopefully they can do something. They are doing a huge benefit for Freddie on the 19th of April, I have decided to start a foundation for awareness of this shit^% disease. I thought that Freddie would be spared all this, I think that he was just on a plateau because in the last month, he has really changed, from eating solid foods to extreme pocketing and having to have everything blended. I am watching him so hard to finish this one last c.d. He did get and eye response puter, this has truly turned his direction around, but I still see him going downhill fast, I know that he is hanging on until after his "last" show....Irma the 16th of April we will be on Fox news in the morning, I will mention this wonderful forum that has saved my life and sanity many times....The ALS foundation will have a booth there also for awareness..My foundation will be called "Freddie Everett Rock For A Cure" . I thank each and everyone of yall for the kind words and most of all lettting me vent here...:-D:-D

Good luck Annette and Freddie!

Annette,

Please let us know what Fox news station so maybe we can catch it on the internet.

Sorry to hear about Freddie progressing. Hope he is able to finish the cd.

Please keep us informed.

Hugs!

Vent any time, Annette. IT is not easy to watch one you love progress. I hope your fundraiser is a success!

Well,
Thanks so much for the response. We will be on the air, Thursday April 17th @ 7:30 am. This is in Houston. This is a sad, but funny story, I have noticed that the ALS foundation and the MDA Do NOT work together, This morning I had to call the MDA to let them know that I will be going on the air and will be speaking of them, They have sooooo many do's and dont's to the organization, and I didn't want to speak of something they would not like, Well when I had mentioned that the ALS foundation was having a booth at the benefit, They were well we don't work together with them.....................WHAT the hell is that about , I proceeded to tell them that this is alot of the problem, Two organizations working for the same cause but do not work hand in hand, I have noticed this in the past, but never said anything, this disease has just BEAT me up, low and behold they call me back in a few hours and another news station wants to interview Freddie. It seems like a competition to me, What about the goal we are working TOGETHER for, they sure could use alot from yall here! Well that is what made me decided to get up off of my pity pot, and DO something, There is really no awareness of this disease and I have decided that my foundation is just for that, I remember when this first happened, My Pals was signed to SONY records,, we were on our WAY, we lived in a huge home in a well to do neighborhood, on top of the world..Then little by little we started losing things, home, cars and most of all the ability to work! I couldn't work due to the needs of my husband. I have went from having it all to doing all kinds of things to keep a roof over my head, dealt with all kinds of weirdos, in the home health profession, But the trick to this is not to let this disease take control of YOU but YOU take control of it,,,For those not religious, You better get a higher power QUICK! I finally got it, My husband will live forever through me and my help to those that get "the rug pulled out from them" I am lucky in that my husband was somewhat nationally known, BUT what about the average JOES.....So I will be mentioning this forum in my awareness and in my cry to the "media" and those who know me have often wondered what happened to the Annette that never took crap and took her hubby to the SONY door and kicked it in...Well I am BACK! I will remember every story here that has touched my heart and that has made me think about this crappy disease...I will fight for ALL the pals and cals....
Freddie has a web site.....www.freddieeverett.com If you have time check it out, he is also on You Tube.....I will miss him but GOD is just not quite done yet!
Keep the Faith!
God Bless all my cyber friends~~
Annette Everett

You go girl. Kick some butt and take names.
AL.

Way to go Annette. I've been enjoying seeing Freddie on YouTube. I'll also check out his site. I know you've watched Freddie decline quickly; that is so hard. And to think that he had just signed onto Sony. You're fortunate that Freddie not only will continue to live on in your heart, but you can forever watch videos and listen to him playing and singing. What a Star he is! Amazing performer!
Good luck at your benefit on the 19th. Just a week away! Also, I wish you all the best on Fox.
Just like Al said, "Kick some butt and take names."
Raising awareness is probably easiest on YouTube. It's amazing how unaware people are. Thanks for all you are doing.
Many blessings to you both.
Jane

Thank you for all you and Freddy do for ALS, Annette. Any cause woudl benefit from having you in their corner!

Annette,
I just finished viewing the youtube videos and wow. I wish you and Freddie the best as he finishes the cd and good luck on the Fox show.

Hi netty, yeah, I saw you, Freddy and Dr. Appel on TV the other day. Very touching, very touching! My son tohought the world of Dr. Appel. He always had something nice to say about him. Netty, PM me, I'd like to ask you something before the 19th. God bless you guys. Tell my friend Freddy to get all rested up for Saturday and Sunday. See ya'

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back