Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
California
City
Oceanside
My Dad uses cough assist everyday to help him cough. We have to clean the mask several times a day. After a couple of weeks, the silicon seal gets harden and fails to fit and seal around the mouth. We use regular dishwasher liquid to clean it. Does anybody has good suggestion on how to clean it without causing the seal harden? Also I couldn't find any place online to buy the mask except the local DME provider which charges over $50 just for one mask.

Thanks,

DB.

Hmmmm. we are newbies to the cough assist machine...just arrived yesterday. Our mask has an inflatable seal. If it deflates...we just pump it back up. Do you think the cough assist is helping. Definitely thought it would be more intimidating seeing the machine show up. I am looking at the bag the mask was stored in and it says Respironics...Murrysville, PA 1-800-345-6433... number on the bag 325-9217
Hope this helps.

Thanks, kelly! I searched over internet for adult face mask and found some adult anesthesia face mask looks almost the same as the cough assist mask, $40 for a case of 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back