AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Cost for home modification consultation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannanichos

Reason
Loved one DX
Country
Uni
State
GA
Hi. Can anyone share what they have paid (or the cost to insurance, if appropriate) for a consultation on how a home may need to modified to accommodate wheelchair, etc.? We have a personal friend who has offered to do this consultation for our family and we want to compensate her in some way that will be similar to what we might pay a company/home health to do this type of consultation.

Thank you.

BrianD

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
Colorado
The companies that came out for us did it for free as just part of their estimate of the construction. You shouldn't have to pay for an estimate.

zoohouse

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
CA
State
B.C.
I have never had to pay for a consultation for an estimate, that is part of doing that type of business.

FSHolbrook

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
ND
When we were planning our house all the extimates were free. I would be very suprised if you had to pay anything. I would suggest if you have a friend doing it for you a gift card would or could work.

Rick

AfraidButNotAlone

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
GA
I have some good friendslocally who might be able to help. Msg me

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock