Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2020
Country
US
State
MI
Has anyone heard any good news from people participating in the trial for CuATSM in Melbourne? if so, are they SOD1 or Sporadic ALS patients. I’m skeptical of all the positive praise in the media. I’ve found a few patient’s and none have experienced the kind of benefit people are hoping for. I don’t know if they were on placebo. There’s speculation the pharmaceutical is using the positive publicity to raise money for their MS trial.

Good question. I think I had asked the same question several months ago, but i haven’t heard too much after the initial press. I believe it was for sporadic, but not positive. I wonder when any data is due to be released?

This is the trial record. Some databases still show it as recruiting, so that would put it behind schedule, not unusual, esp. in these times. But they are not always updated, either. The sponsor's Web site is similarly not up to date, generally suggesting results aren't going to show up tomorrow.

I saw a random Reddit comment that the results were negative, but no source for that comment -- best case, an insider; worst, a troll.

There has also been some interesting work done on possibly pairing it with another compound.

Attached is a posting from the MND Association website stating Phase 2/3 results will be reported December 2021. The trial enrolled 80 patients and AMX0035 had 137 in their phase 2 trial. After AMX0035 reported positive results the FDA told AMYLX to run a bigger Phase 3 trial. I’m really worried the same will happen with CuATSM. (Assuming results are positive). I won’t survive waiting out a third trial. Has anyone been able to purchase Copper ATSM?

Attachments

• 72EDE3A4-CAE6-432E-9CE0-255B56CC9EE5.jpeg
    72EDE3A4-CAE6-432E-9CE0-255B56CC9EE5.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back