Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
FR
City
Paris
Good evening everybody,

Thanks for all the time and energy to provide people with support and answers.

I suffer from body wide spread fasciculations since my second anti-covid vaccine injection (Pfizer), summer 2021, very focused on both my legs, quite impressive at night when going to bed.

I got checked by a neurologist back then last year who assessed the legs and said probably BFS as no specific findings. I take 50mg pregabalin daily since then as he prescribed.

Nevertheless, since 3 months I started to experience a twitching in my left arm, brachioradialis muscle.

Being used to fasciculations, these do not look anything I experienced before. It comes in series of between 5 to 15+ fast successive twitches, then stop for a few seconds up to 1 minute, and then start again. As a comparison, my post vaccine fascics I experienced until now were random in location and frequency.

I waited weeks to see if it goes away but stay continuous, always at the same place.
Below a video, its not easy to render with a camera, but the twitches are visible though:

Is it something unusual or does it fall under the BFS spectrum?

Thanks

Michael

Hello-

Please make sure to read this: Read Before Posting to see the answers of many of the common questions we get here. You are asking about the quality of your twitches and what they might mean. That is not something people on the internet can do based on a clip of twitching. ALS, as you will read in the link, is a particular grouping of symptoms- other ones are more important to the diagnosis of ALS. What you will also read is that twitching on its own can indicate so many different things- from no reason at all to many many different issues.

If you have questions about your symptoms in particular, you should visit with your doctor, as they can examine you and provide feedback about what they observe.

I would ask the neurologist if s/he considered RLS/PLMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back