Continued Worry! Sorry for posting another thread, my last one was closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s an Irish Terrier

Hello, sorry to bother you all again! I just had some questions I wanted to ask, as I’m following up with my PCP this week, and my MRI has been set for June 12.

I just wanted to know if an MRI would be able to conclusively rule anything MND related out? If my neurological exam remains normal at my PCP this week, is that a good sign?

On another note, my swallowing continues to go back and forth. It was really good the last few days, and now today it started off good and ended up being really bad at lunch. If this were something Bulbar related, would it fluctuate so much? I still only have issues with food, and can swallow liquids and pills without anything getting stuck.

I'll be the third person to ask, why are you here? You don't have ALS and continuing to ask questions that have nothing to do with ALS is making a mockery of the time and kindness those with ALS, or their caregivers, have taken in answering your ongoing questions. Clearly, continuing to answer your questions is fuelling your need to be here, so I will not answer your last question.

Again, why are you here?! You don't need to be and that is a great thing. Please stop asking terminally I'll members to handhold your health anxiety; it's not fair. So, please stop.

Good luck at the docs and I wish you all the best in the future. Take good care.

Here goes blunt... again.

() You have posted 11 times, started two
threads. Extremely ALS knowledgeable members have told you you do not have ALS.

My opinion... your post above is nothing more than taunting the good members of
this Forum.

You wrote...

"I have one more question, but it’s completely off topic. Karen, is that a golden doodle in your profile picture? I have a golden myself, and he looks just like that, except with white fur!"

You also wrote...

"I have some doctors visits for my issues coming up, so I’ll let you know they all end up saying!"

NO! We've already been through all that with all the doctors you have already seen.

Who in hell cares about your dog. It is just an attempt to get a member replying to your waste of
time thread.

It's time for your thread to be closed... permanently. You do not have ALS.

Edit: I was too harsh about your dog. I'm sure you love your dog but... it has nothing to do
with you believing you might/may/remotely have ALS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here goes blunt... again.

() You have posted 11 times, started two
threads. Extremely ALS knowledgeable members have told you you do not have ALS.

My opinion... your post above is nothing more than taunting the good members of
this Forum.

You wrote...

"I have one more question, but it’s completely off topic. Karen, is that a golden doodle in your profile picture? I have a golden myself, and he looks just like that, except with white fur!"

You also wrote...

"I have some doctors visits for my issues coming up, so I’ll let you know they all end up saying!"

NO! We've already been through all that with all the doctors you have already seen.

Who in hell cares about your dog. It is just an attempt to get a member replying to your waste of
time thread.

It's time for your thread to be closed... permanently. You do not have ALS.

Edit: I was too harsh about your dog. I'm sure you love your dog but... it has nothing to do
with you believing you might/may/remotely have ALS.
I’m sorry Al, I didn’t mean to overstep or annoy you. If I did, which I can tell I did, I’m sorry.

I just wanted to update my status with the doctors, more so for others who might have similar symptoms to me. I had a follow up on Thursday, where the doctor noted my twitching has continued, but described it as muscle writhing, not fasciculations as had been previously noted. She’s still at a loss for what the cause could be, and she’s glad I’m having an MRI done. On the other side of things, my throat is starting to show more signs it’s not linked to the twitching. My swallowing is still slowly improving, but my throat is now inflamed and was red upon examination. I also feel a strange sensation in it when I talk, not weakness but it’s also hard to describe, and a near constant sore throat.

My twitching has also spread, which is still troubling me and confusing the doctor. I now have a twitch the sometimes causing my right hand ring finger to move on it own. Almost like it’s going back and forth. My legs also feel weak sometimes, especially in the morning, but I’m still able to walk and suck. They also feel tight sometimes, like I can’t walk normally.

If the MRI is clear, then I’ll be having an EMG sometime in late July or early August. The neurologist still says there’s a lot to rule out. My only question is, what’s the difference between a twitch and writhing? From what I understand, isn’t a writhing muscle a sign of a movement disorder?

“Writhing” is not an official medical term. It can mean anything.

But look.... you don’t have ALS. You don’t need to keep posting.
We are leaving your thread open only so you can come back later this summer after your EMG and followup with your neurologist, and you can give us some sort of followup at that point. We know it won’t be ALS.

We mean no offense, but people here can’t really help you, and it is tiring for us to try to stay interested and keep track of all the details of your case when you’re dealing with something other than ALS. We ask you to keep that in mind and please be respectful. Thank you.

Hi all,

I just wanted to give an update on my situation after my neurologist visit today. Her final diagnosis was physical symptoms as the result of stress and anxiety. I’ll be following up with my regular doctor following that diagnosis.

Thank you all for your answers earlier this summer! As I should have known, you were all right about my condition.

Thanks for the update. If you want to feel better in your life, treat the anxiety over the long term and take immediate actions to reduce stress. Psychotherapy, meditation, lifestyle changes, physical activity and medication are all potentially valid approaches.

Best,
Laurie

Just a follow up question: does it matter if I can see fasciculations but not feel them? I’ve noticed that’s in my legs just by chance tonight.

As a side note, I have been exercising cardio wise much more every day now. All of my other symptoms are stagnant or better now. My swallowing has been really good.

Thank you, and sorry for reaching out again!

Just a follow up question: does it matter if I can see fasciculations but not feel them? I’ve noticed that’s in my legs just by chance tonight.

As a side note, I have been exercising cardio wise much more every day now. All of my other symptoms are stagnant or better now. My swallowing has been really good.

Thank you, and sorry for reaching out again!
Also, is it fair to say that if it was something more sinister than BFS, which my neuro said I had, that I would have other issues by now? My twitching started at the end of April.

1) It does not.
2) Yes.

I'm glad you're doing cardio and feeling better. You may want to consider tweaking your diet to support your increased activity level, which could also help the twitches. Hydration and electrolyte balance are both important.

All the best.

1) It does not.
2) Yes.

I'm glad you're doing cardio and feeling better. You may want to consider tweaking your diet to support your increased activity level, which could also help the twitches. Hydration and electrolyte balance are both important.

All the best.
Ok, thank you so much! I had read online somewhere that ones you can see but not feel are a bad sign. Figured this forum would be a better source of information than anywhere else!

Dude, You have wasted everybody's time here and now please feel free to leave. No, don't feel anything just leave and do not come back. You are pretty nervy coming here and expecting people who are dying to massage your neuroses. You have major software issues, we only deal with hardware here.
Vincent

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be a bother. I just have one more question regarding symptoms.

I’ve been having what my neurologist said might be Myoclonic jerks for the past few days. It definitely is a new symptom recently, even though I’m confident I’ve had it before. I have them in my legs, arms, fingers, and toes.

I went to my regular doctor, and he said he doesn’t think it’s sigh of anything. My neurologist told me to come in for a follow up if it persists. I read another post on here where the person said they’re on an SSRI and was diagnosed with BFS. That’s the same situation as mine. My doctor said the twitches and jerks I’m now having are probably just anxiety.

Does that sound right?

Myoclonic jerks have nothing to do with ALS. You don’t have ALS.

This thread has run its course. I will be closing it. Please do not start another.

All the best wishes to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back