Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Il
City
Il
I made a post about A few months back on the symptoms that I was having. My symptoms continue to feel about the same. I am 31 years old an average height and weight.

Three months ago I started noticing bilateral leg weakness when going downstairs. Shortly after that I noticed weakness in my feet and ankles. To this day I have not seen any sort of atrophy. I went to the doctor two months ago he checked my strength,muscle enzymes and reflexes everything checked out normal. I have had a physical therapist that I work with check my strength on two different occasions and came out fine. I don't see any clinical week Like footdrop and am not dropping things. I am able to run and jump.

My current symptoms are very similar as before I have occasional shortness of breath that I feel could be related to anxiety. I also have twitches in my shins, calfs, quad, biceps and deltoids. I do have bad anxiety with occasional panic attacks. I noticed the weakness most when going down stairs and walking. My legs feel tight, weak and I have mild burning sensation at times mostly in my adductors. My legs feel shaky when bending down.

Would like anybody's thoughts if they feel this is anything close to ALS symptoms.

Hon, sorry to hear you are still so worried and not yet improved.

I've just spent a little time reading back on all you previous posts.

I can only say the same as Mike said last time - There's no possibility of ALS there. No idea why you would think of ALS with those "symptoms."

I know the things happening to you seem serious, but you are just 'feeling' lots of stuff, while not presenting with anything doctors and physio's can measure.

Panic/anxiety will cause every symptom you have.

Also would you please edit your user profile as it says you are a caregiver for someone with ALS, and that seems to be far from the truth? thanks

No, as Tillie says now, and others have said in the past, these symptoms do not resemble ALS. If you make getting your anxiety under control a priority, even by changing docs/therapists if you have to, you will be in a much better position to see what physical issues, if any remain, and seek appropriate treatment.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for the replies. I don't understand how a muscle can twich one day and twich in a different muscle group the next day? If a nerve controlling a muscle is dying it should not stop until that nerve no longer fires correct?

Nfoster, I sympathize with your desire to understand what's going on with your body, but I'm going to focus instead on our mission--helping people with ALS. I wish you luck taking care of whatever it is that is upsetting you.

Thanks Mike I think what you guys do on here is amazing! I will hit the red button on my way out and every year to follow.

I don't understand how a muscle can twich one day and twich in a different muscle group the next day? If a nerve controlling a muscle is dying it should not stop until that nerve no longer fires correct?

Since you haven't left yet - you don't have dying nerves honey, so your question is moot.

Appreciate you hitting the red button on the way out. I'm glad we have helped, but as Mike says we have to stick to our mission now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back