Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
I almost posted this in the Tips Tricks and Gadgets forum, but decided to stick with this one.

Starting Tuesday, you can enter a contest to win a playtex ventaire bottle and the adapter tip which lets the bottle be used for gravity feeding.

The advantage of this bottle over using the syringe method doesn't even have to be addressed! The advantage of it over using a kangaroo gravity bag is that its easier to fill, can be washed and reused indefinitely, and the cost is considerably less than buying disposable kangaroo bags (especially the free one being given away :p)

I have absolutely no financial incentive for creating this contest, the "spoils" will be purchased out of pocket.

The ALS forum is really the reason I thought of doing it. So many PALS have dexterity issues, and this device would help someone feed themselves easier, and would most definitely help an already overwhelmed CALS who handles peg feeds.

I've never hosted a giveaway before, but every way I can check, it seems like I have the code embedded into my website correctly. If it turns out there's a problem, I will fix it.

Here's a link to the site:
Welcome! | Tube Chic | Living well with a feeding tube

The raffle opens today. Don't forget to enter! I added a bit more information about the adapter tip for those who use the ENfit system.

The bug that was disallowing comments on Tube Chic is fixed. I hope it stays fixed! If you're the winner, you can choose which type of adapter tip you will receive (the adapter that is shaped like a syringe tip, or a version that will work with an ENfit.) Read a fuller explanation of this on the contest page. You can also request either a white/clear bottle, or a pink or blue one. Jazz things up a bit, if you know what I mean 8)

Rose, what a thoughful and generous thing to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back