Not open for further replies.

JPN2000

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi. Wondering what people thought about this. Following a bit of a health scare I became extremely anxious and depressed. Then one day noticed twitches in my calf which led me to dr google. Following that search twitching occurred all over. Mostly in the calf’s but arms too. I’m still able to work out but these twitches are ruining my life. I seem to sleep ok but when I wake up they start to go off. The more anxious the more twitching. Also working out exacerbates them. I am struggling and spend most of my day online. Went to my primary and all bloodwork was fine. He checked me out but referred me to a neurologist. It’s been a tough waiting game.

Hello-

Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

It explains why twitching should not make someone immediately assume ALS. Keep working with your doctor and I am sure your appointment with the neurologist will reassure you. If you struggle with anxiety while waiting, there are quite a few good online support resources for people who experience similar concerns with twitching. No More Panic and r/ MuscleTwitch are great.

Twitching means nothing, but you might need your doctor to help you with the anxiety.
Please read the link ShiftKicker sent very carefully to help you reduce your fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back