00/0000
Country
IN
State
TN
City
chennai
Hi,
Sorry to bother.I am 28 yr old men.I have been facing some of the syndromes for past 7 months which bothers me that I may have ALS.

1)My left side of the body feels weak and different(mostly leg and hand and shoulder)
2)I am also getting very fine twitches in right hand and leg(feet) witch is very mild and constant(which I cant feel but I can notice in bright light)
3)My right hand thumb and surrounding muscle pains if I use my hand for typing more.
4)I am also getting tired too quick if I do my daily task
5)Some time I am also getting jerk in my left side of the body(hand and leg) while i sleep.

So far
1) I have taken full spine MRI which is fine
2) Full blood test that is also having no issue(7 month before I had vitamin b12 deficiency but recent blood test that too in good level)
3) NCS on four limbs 5 month back that too normal
4) My both hand fingers goes stiff while i wake up every day.
My Neuro thinking I may faking that I have problem so he simply give anxiety tablets and vitamin tablets that i am taking more than 7 months

I have asked my neuro to take EMG which refused to take because I dont have clinical weakness but I can clearly notice that my both left arm,shoulder and leg feels weaker than before.
Does constant mild twitch in same part of the body related to ALS ?
If I am talk to any other neuro and ask him to take EMG can I find out whats is the problem with me?Is it too early of EMG ?
please help me to come out from it.

Santhosh. here's some knowledge that might help.

ALS is a brain disease. It destroys a specific kind of nerve in the brain--the motor nerves which tell your voluntary muscles what to do.

When the nerve can't tell the muscle to move, then the muscle doesn't work any more. No matter what, that muscle simply doesn't go anywhere.

Since the muscle isn't doing any work, it doesn't get tired. There is no reason for it to feel weak, or feel pain. It just doesn't go anywhere, because it isn't getting the "go" signal from the brain.

Feelings of pain, feelings of weakness, feelings of...anything at all...have nothing to do with ALS.

That's why your neuro isn't worried about ALS. You don't have any symptoms of ALS, whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back