Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
Hello. Very grateful for this forum. I've read the posting rules, etc.

For a week I've had a painless twitch in my elbow. On the backside of elbow, coming from what feels like it's within the Trochlear Notch. It pulsates 3-4 times a minute. If I move the arm it goes, but comes right back when I relax.

It's pretty darn persistent!

Ten days ago I was doing dumbbell shoulder presses and tweaked something in my head/neck, which set on fire with pain and, up until yesterday, was extremely sore. To the point waking up at night, it felt like my neck was on fire. I'm back today, suddenly, to about 80% range of motion on that side.

But, the twitch remains. Not sure if there's any muscle here, where the twitch is, or if it's a tendon.

Dr. Google tells me I have ALS, of course, and I'm super worried this twitch isn't actually connected to my gym injury, and is a timing co-incidence, and I do in fact have the first signs of ALS. I also worry this twitch has been here for longer and I haven't noticed it until now (no evidence of that, though. Just my own mind).

Any ideas? Not sure if this part of my elbow contains any tendons/nerves/muscles which might produce a painless twitch if there's some neck/shoulder injury?

I have no other associated issues such as weakness. In fact, I'm back to lifting weights, including the shoulder press which originally caused the injury.

I hope there's some non-ALS explanation for this ongoing, persistent twitch.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Go see a Doctor. The internet will never be a substitute for clinical examination.

Twitching means nothing. All the best as you get help.

Asking... "Dr. Google tells me I have ALS,"

Now go see a real doctor.

" I'm back to lifting weights, including the shoulder press which originally caused the injury."

You're good to go. ALS is progressive... it doesn't get better or recover.

There's is some other non-ALS explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back