Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I've tried to get a feel from CALS about how they handle caregiving and working.

Now I've been offered a job as a retouch artist in a local photography studio. I have spoken to my husband about it and he is already suggesting that I would be able to maybe "bring the work home." Men! Can't they just say what is really on their minds? (no offense guys!) I've been looking for a job for months and this has truly been dropped in my lap. I didn't even apply for it.

Well, I've decided I will take the job. Probably won't begin til end of Sept. The owner is very much aware of our situation. I'm hoping this will make my husband get out of the doldrums and feel useful by taking on the responsibilities that he is capable of doing while he can. Hey he might like a little housework!:mrgreen: I guess we will reverse rolls til he can no longer. Then I will come to you all and seek further advice.

I really feel that getting this job will help both of us, not sure about our son though. I've never worked outside of the house since he was born!

Any advice y'all can give is appreciated. Positive or negative.

Go for it CJ! You have a special skill that should be put to use. I have always worked and found that it brought some of the outside world into our lives and enriched us all. Plus the kids took on more responsibiity which increased their self esteem. Hubby used to help more, back in those days. I wish you well with your decision and congrats on the offer! Cindy

CJ, I just wanted to say congrats and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back