Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Round Hill
It's been awhile since I have posted, but I read the forums everyday. My PALS continues to progress, however, I am so in awe of him in that he lives his days with purpose and fills his life with joy. This weekend he took our eldest daughter, 24, on a weekend trip to Texas. He needs help dressing and such, but he was willing to let her help him so that the two of them could enjoy time together.

Their flight from Virginia was delayed in Atlanta due to weather. They had quite the adventure, making friends with others on the plane to the extent that they had dinner and several people offered to drive them to their hotel, willing to load his scooter in the car, if the rental counter was closed when they arrived in Texas. They laughed and had a great time on the trip. The rental counter was open, so they got their car, but several of their new friends checked on them to make sure they were able to get to the hotel. There are good people in this world!

They went to San Antonio, but found that it was not as handicapped accessible as they would have thought. Apparently, he has just been driving his scooter down the street. They just called home though, and are laughing and having a ball. Apparently, they have more than a few stories about the accessibility adventures. This disease totally sucks, but this weekend has been fun for them and dare I say a bit of a reprieve for me. I am glad that they have stories that belong just to them. There are still some blessings.

So glad he and your daughter could make this trip, and thank you for sharing it.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back