Not open for further replies.

Cipicus

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RO
Hello to all and much respect....i've posted here before but long ago ...so a short recap i've been dealing with muscle twitches and pains and stuff for a year now ...no loss of function tho...i am over 110kg and can still walk or jump on toes or heels and by now i think i've tried every test there is on the net...my questions are...i have a dent on my right calf that is not present on my left ...twitches are also present in both calves including that dent...mostly not felt but barely seen but calves are measured the same size....my questions are as follows:
Could there be a big dent that is actually atrophy in calf with no loss of function for more than 6 months?
Would atrophy present as a dent in a part of the muscle or would it present as shrinkage along the muscle?...
I know you're dealing with alot and therefore i am telling you sorry in advance for putting you through whatever i'm dealing with but my brain wont give me peace....Thank you and i wish you all the best!!

Please go see a doctor - you have posted here before and were told then that it is not appropriate to ask for support from the terminally ill.
Nothing you report is connected to ALS.

Here is your prior thread: My concern...please give me an advice

It appears you are doing a lot of self testing and reading, but not any consultation with a medical professional. Dents are not atrophy. If you see a doctor, they can assess and tell you whether there is muscle loss or if it is normal right there and then you would know if there is actual reason to be concerned.

Hello and sorry in advance for the new thread as i know i am not supposed to post more than 1...my prev is closed and this is my second but something bothers me verry much so please hear me out....it's been more than a year since i started twitching and i noticed lately i get a hoarse graspy voice sometimes while im talking ...i have to clear my throat and then it goes away ....i was thinking is hoarsness from als constant or is it from phlegm in the throat?....i mention that i also have alot of gerd issues but idk they all seem to add up one by one into my fears....also have lots of weird pains going on ik its not a classic symptom but some say there is pain related ...thank you and again verry sorry for new thread i'm just at work atm and this thing wont put my mind at peace it's constantly grinding my brain

You had a second open thread so it was merged

when I started reading my first thought was gerd and then read you know you have it. Please visit your doctor for evaluation

No that is not an ALS symptom but your doctor is the one who can help you. Please discuss all your health issues with your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back