Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
Lanarkshire
City
Hamilton
Hi there just wondering if any of you could give me some opinions on some of my symptoms as I am getting reallyworried and have read some of your threads and wonder if you could comment,

Started off in May and had burning feet for 3 days. Went to doctor and he did test on my ankle and I felt no sensation. Had blood tests done. All clear. Went away after this for a week and then came back for a day,

Then I had a weakness down the one side arm and leg which was very slight and only lasted a very short time,

One week later when lying in bed had 'jumps' 'jolts' in my body every night for approx 2 months. Also had tingling in my arms for two days,

Then hoarseness came for a couple of days and then went,
Although my throat has felt a bit tight ever since.

Had also a slight vibration in the bottom of my leg which again only lasted a short time,

Few weeks later had breathing problems in lower chest and again only lasted a couple of days,

What is bothering me is that I have now started to have twitches/tremors in my leg, arm, hand, eye, but again these are very infrequent and have not had any for the last couple of days. I still have the occasional 'jump' in an arm or leg when lying in bed,

For the last few weeks I have had tightness in my throat and it feels as if there is a lump in my throat and I swallow okay, but sometimes feel there is food left in my mouth, and I also need to clear my throat a lot, but my voice is okay now,

Iam mostly worried about my throat and voice and the twitches,

I am sorry this is so long,but just wanted to give you an overview of what was going on,

I am at the moment waiting for an appointment for a Neurologist,

Thanks a lot,

MaryB,

PS Also meant to say that I had a 'goitre' but when I got it checked out my thyroid blood tests were ok, so I have to go for an ultrasound.

ALS is not a disease that presents with symptoms that waxe and wane. Furthermore, most of the symptoms you describe are not symptoms typically attributed to ALS.

Relax and stop trying to diagnose yourself. It's obvious that when you googled "muscle twitches" it brought you here. If you want to stay and learn about ALS and contribute to its cause, we welcome you to stay. Stop worrying about having ALS, though.

MaryB,

If I were you, I'd breathe easy. Many of the symptoms you've described don't line up with how ALS presents itself, as diverse a disease as it is. Follow Wright's advice. Believe me, nobody in their right mind would want or look for a diagnosed of ALS.

You obviously have something going on. Let the docs do their thing and figure it all out. Odds are greatly in your favor that you do not have ALS at this point.

Zaphoon

Thank you very much for your reply. I also have teethmarks on my tongue and my tongue has a white coating on it. Have you heard of these symptoms.

Mary

I would go to your GP to get treated for a Thresh infection

Hi, Mary ... you might want to check with your dentist about the coating on your tongue. There are, I believe, several very harmless things that could cause that, such as mouth breathing, as well as infections. If you are feeling nervous about all this, you might have started mouth breathing without being aware of it, as it sometimes goes along with anxiety.

In any case, it's not related to ALS. :)

Good luck,
BethU

Confused and worried

Thank you all very much for your responses and my best wishes to you all.

Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back