Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Liz I am baffled but have always been alot nuts (LOL)!

The weather here right now is so beautiful. This weekend should stay between 65 and 70 degrees, sunny and a little breezy with no humidity. That is the key down here no humidity. Winters here are very mild, except for Christmas 04 when it actually snowed on Christmas Day. First time my daughter and myself have ever seen snow. We thought it was a miracle but I feel now it was God's way of allowing us to enjoy and to realize just how precious the things we take for granted every day really are. For you see I live about 50 miles out of New Orleans in a place called Belle Chasse (Plaquemines Parish) and grew up in the same parish. Well on Aug. 29 05 Plaqumiens Parish was the first place Katrina hit. Needless to say Everything I have every know was gone in a matter of hours. Katrina devastated and sill is devastating our lives everyday. The only town left out of eight was Belle Chasse. Our Parish was nearly Knocked off the map. Our Parish is the little strip of land sticking out into the Gulf of Mexico (the boot part of La.). Yes people due live there. I a m living proof. So when it snowed that x-mas it was the last beautiful memory my family would enjoy at the home where I was born and raised. which now is only slab. So we are hoping for a mild winter this year, Because
snow around here means prepare yourself for the summer. LOL. Sorry about my long winded description about what the weather but when I start typing it is hard to stop. Just be glad you only have to read what I have to say and do not have to listen to me I am quite a motor mouth as my husband would say. Thanks for the ear.

Ellisa

Ellisa, Girl I am on my way south! Just kidding, Today is the first rays of we have seen all week. We are sitting at 45 thank God there is no wind (blows all the time flat A** ground). I have been reading your post and want to let you know I have been through the feet thing and like Al said swelling will come. I still get the tingly hands and other parts, but it comes and goes. Everything seems to be working that way in me. I will have difficulty with hands for a few days then it get some what better for a period then it starts over agin. As for you needing all the als info , this is also a phase but an important one.The more you know the easier it is for you ask and understand your questions. It is very important to make your care takers and Medical people know how and what you are feeling . It is also ok to have bad days, but be prepared for theirs too.(LOL) I kind of have run on mouth Have Good Weekend

Bragging Mom Break

Hi guys.

So my son had is 6th grade play tonight and he was totally cool. Not the star, mind you, but he had a few lines, ballroom danced with girls, and did this hip wiggling move during the chorus numbers that totally cracked me up. :-D He has always been kind of quiet and reserved so it was great to see him open himself up to a new experience and enjoy himself.

I love my kids.

Liz

OK I'M off my break

So Ellisa -

If your old home is a slab, where are you living now? We hired a Katrina refugee to work for us here in upstate NY. He left Louisiana very reluctantly so there must be something great about living down there. I'm with ms. illini, maybe we should head south for a visit.

Liz

Hi Liz,
Sounds great, tell all your friends to to come down south it would sure help out with the recovery and our much needed economy right now.
I promise you will not be disappointed the people are great, the food is out of this world and we have one of the best places to fish in the world.
In Belle Chasse where I live only received minimal damage (Wind and minor Flooding) our roof came off and we lost all of our belongings, But my mom who lives in Port Sulphur and where I grew up which is about 30 mins from Belle Chasse is where the eye of the storm came in and left only the slab on which her house sat. My husbands family who also lives in Port Sulphur lost everything also. I guess the reason why we want to live here is because it is great place and it is all we know it is our home. The pros of living here by far out way the cons of not wanting to live here.
It sounds like your son had a great showing last night and is going to be quite the ladies man LOL.

God Bless
Ellisa

Al said:
.... 65 is cool? My god woman we won't see 65 again for at least 6 months. Count your blessings. Although when it's 100 and humid and only 80 here it's not bad. Just a matter of perception I guess. Have a good weekend. Ours is cloudy rainy and about 40. AL.
Al, on days like this my heart goes out to my brethren in central Canada. Here in Paradise East (aka St. John's) it's 19° (67° F), sunny again and not a breath of wind. Like a nice day in July but without the black flies. I give thanks to Mexico and its greatest export, the Gulf Stream.

Yes I know. I saw the national weather last night and wondered what the heck is going on over there. Warmest spot in the country? Something is wrong with this picture. It is just above freezing here and Lee and the kids are putting out the Christmas reindeer andI wouldn't go out because I stiffen up like crazy in the cold. I'll stay in and watch football thank you very much. AL.

Last edited:
Football sound great "GO SAINTS"! I do not know if I could function with weather that is 19 degrees. Have had something strange happen today-
my tongue is completely numb, does this sound unusual to you all?

Ellisa

ellisa said:
... I do not know if I could function with weather that is 19 degrees...
Ellisa
Hi Ellisa, we use Celsius in Canada so 19° is the same as 67° Fahrenheit in your scale. I was just bragging to Al about our weather. Gee, 65° does seem cool compared to 67°. Come on over and warm up.

Al said:
Yes I know. I saw the national weather last night and wondered what the heck is going on over there. Warmest spot in the country? Something is wrong with this picture... AL.
I moved here from near Kingston, Ontario 30 years ago and was struck by how warm the winters are here. We get lots of snow compared to Kingston but it stays mild nearly all winter so we don't have days when it's too cold to ski or when cars are hard to start. My daughter went to university at Trent and never adjusted to the Peterborough winters. The downside is they don't know when to quit and we can easily have a snowstorm in May.

Well at least we don't get snow in May but we had some here the week before Halloween. Crazy weather. AL.

Weather caught up with us last night. Freeze warning, here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Guess I've got a bunch of dead plants outside right now, because my wife did not move any inside for protection.
We didn't see the weather too busy enjoying two of our 10 grand daughters. Of course my wife had to go shopping, and get them all a couple of outfits.
She SAVED me a ton of money, $$$$$$$$ favorite saying of hers or is that for all wives?

God Bless ALL
Capt. AL

John1- Thanks for the info. So what temp. would it be if it were freezing up there. Has bee awhile since I had to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit, plus math has never been one of my favorite subjects.

Al-I was to here that you had a great time at the party. By the way when you mentioned football is it the NFL or another league up there?

Mt.Pockets-Sorry that freeze caught up with you. Here on the South shore just cold but The North shore they did have a slight Freeze overnight. The wind here is the killer cuts though you like a knife, the windchill makes it feel so much colder than it is. I can not stand cold weather. I am sure the two grandchildren enjoyed the cold weather along with your wife they got to go SHOPPING.LOL

It good to here that everyone had a safe and nice weekend.

Ellisa

confused and going insane

ellisa said:
Hey Al every opinion counts and that's what I need right now.

Funny thing happened to me this morning. Wanted to get a bit of fresh air so my mom put my wheelchair (Can still walk but not very far, I use it when I have to go places that require a great deal of walking, easier also on my husband and mother they do not have to worry about me falling plus it is alot faster) on the back porch so I could enjoy this beautiful weather. It is so relaxing and peaceful to to watch the red birds in the back yard along with the squirrel's scampering around for acorns. The weather right now is beautiful about 65 degrees (cool), Sunny not a cloud in the sky with a pleasant breeze. When I decided to go back inside I could not seem to lift myself out of the chair. It was like my legs did not want to work. Had to call my mom to come and help me out of chair which was a real task because not only could I not get my legs to work but barely had the strength to wrap my arms around my moms neck to get up. Finally after a few times at trying we managed to get me out of the chair. We both were in stitches about the whole situation. My Mom said "to bad we were not recording the whole thing because we could have won $10,000 on Americas Funniest Videos". I have to admit it was pretty hilarious but scared the h*ll out of me. Do these types of things happen with ALS or not? If so why? I know I am full of questions put trying to gather as much info as possible so I can better prepare myself about what to ask 2nd MD. next week. Thank You

Ellisa
Wake up everyone! NIGHTOWLS (lol:-D ) Elisa we all understand what you are going through. My daughters are 27 & 22 3grands I'm 53. My heart goes out to you. This believe me this is the hardest time, not knowing ,think you know ,don't or do want to know. :confused: . I will tell you I owned a day care, and believe me children just want your love don't worry about the things you can't do anything about. Live today for today God will take care of EVERYTHING ELSE, its not always easy, I don't mean to say it is. I, like you ,was going out of my mind. I told the LORD one Sunday am,you made me you know my fears and GOD I NEED YOU TO TAKE FEAR ANXIETY AWAY FROM ME AND GIVE ME PEACE. Now thats not to say everyday is a breeze, it's not but bad days I cry OUT to him and the PEACE comes. I don't mean to sound no-it-all I don't. But, been dealing with this long enough to know I can only pray. I so hope this helps you. Remember, ALS does different thing to different people. And many diseases memic ALS except for slurred speech I haven't found anything but, ALS for that. Someone else may have though. I pray for you now as I type this. I hope I've helped . LOTS OF LOVE :-D Jan franks, Tifton Ga. Southern girl too.... G.R.I.T.S. lol Oh and you and your mom need to keep a camera handy also ALS clinic can help with info. I go to Atlanta.

janf,
Thank you for your kind words and support, just knowing there are people who care makes everyday a little easier to deal with. Glad to see another southern girl here. Thank you again for your kind words and prayers. You are also in mine.

ELLISA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back