Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Phoenix
Things started two years ago when I noticed my toes being numb. I had an NCV & EMG done and was told that I had peripheral neuropathy. To come back if anything else bothered me.

Then about 4 months ago I noticed issues with my left side of my body, things didn't always function like they should, they feel tight and hurt. I had blood work, urine tests, MRIs and the last step was the NCV & EMG test. I still don't have a clear answer of what could be causing my issues.

My neurologist made me wait for 3 months after I had my NCV & EMG test for my follow-up. He was in there with me and my husband for less than 5 minutes. He set up another follow-up to see how I am in 3 months. All I was told was that I have peripheral neuropathy. I have asked questions and have gotten vague answers.

I am trying to set up appointments with another neurologist to try and figure this out. Of course when I try to look up my symptoms ALS comes up. I am trying to keep that out of my head. I have asked my neurologist about if that's what it could be and all he has said is that it is very rare. I have gotten copies of my tests from him and have been trying to figure out how to read them and can't make sense of them. I have come across this site and I am hoping to get some insight on my tests. I am 55 years old.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• EMG-pg1.JPG
    EMG-pg1.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 153
  • EMG-pg2.JPG
    EMG-pg2.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 152
  • EMG-pg3.JPG
    EMG-pg3.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 149
  • EMG-pg4.JPG
    EMG-pg4.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 129
The test that matters for ALS is the emg ( the results are the bottom half of your second image). It is completely normal Your abnormalities were in the ncs and apparently confirm your diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy which is often progressive especially if there is no treatable cause. But it doesn’t progress to ALS. It is a separate disease. If your current doctor is uncommunicative then a second opinion is certainly a good idea. However don’t worry about ALS. Mr Google is not your friend

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back