00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Syracuse
Hello!
I never thought I would be posting here, most certainly not to take away from the true meaning of this forum, but I looking for some insight.
Around February 21, I was sitting Indian style one my right calf experienced a muscle spasm. I did not think anything of it, why would I?
The next day sitting in the same position, the same calf, same muscle spasm.

This is one life took a turn. I decided to Google muscle spasms. Within a day, I had what could only be described as a sensation of like bubbles popping underneath the skin. I assumed they were muscle twitches; however, They were not visible and they were not your true spasm. Within a few days, I seem to have had them body wide. More so in my lower extremities, but they definitely traveled into my back, abdomen, upper arms, butt, torso, and so on.

I contacted my PCP who did a clinical exam, a referral to the neurologist, and sent me for an EMG. While waiting for the neurology appointment I had my EMG. The EMG was done from my mid back down through my legs.
As you can see in my report, there was positive sharp waves, and insertional activity in the lower lumbar region. An MRI was suggested.
I did the MRI and there was some findings, what you can see are stated on the report.
In the meantime, I had a Tele med visit with my neurologist two weeks ago who informed me that twitching is benign but wanted me to follow up in person. He also stated that he would have never ordered an EMG for me and was surprised that I had one.

This brings me to today. He told me my clinical exam was excellent, with the exception of hyper reflexes.
He then went on to tell me that he did not like what was going on in my back, and that I need another EMG. .
I about fainted.

I showed him my MRI results and he said that nothing in the MRI could be causing was showing up on the EMG. I trust his opinion as he knows more than I, but if I Google some of the findings from the MRI, it states that these could clearly pinch a nerve.

I am completely freaking out, and I almost vomited in his office.

Any input?

Thank you!
E7CBA898-F7C3-4A9E-9AAD-5407EA2E0DA5.jpeg
2583A977-9167-4121-AAA5-B2D42C2C6DEE.jpeg

62E9E256-2A73-4AD9-A60D-73BBA4C3C7A6.jpeg

I will add that the sensations I was having of ‘bubbles popping’ are true fasciculations now, and visible.

Well you saw the neuro and apparently had a normal exam ( isolated hyperreflexia shouldn’t be concerning). The emg findings seem pretty minimal but having opened the can of worms by the emg before you saw him the neuro feels compelled to investigate to be sure and like many neurologists wants an emg done by himself or someone whose skills he knows. Nothing really seems worthy of a freak out. He is cautious and thorough

I agree. The report itself is somewhat vaguely worded so he may want to lock it down for the record. You have mild spine disease that likely underlies these mild EMG anomalies, but neuros like their own favorite examiners' EMGs for a comfort level and he may order some different areas to test, to make sure that problem is as localized as it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back