Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Killeen
Hello all,

I've been a visitor to this site several times before and am truly grateful for the people on here and the information I've gained from reading your posts.

My story: I've been twitching body wide for about 5 months now. I received a 3 limb EMG 3 months after the start of symptoms which was clean. That put my ALS worries to bed for about a month until I noticed that the thenar of my right hand was smaller than my left. I've attached pictures of both hands at rest and flexion for reference. Of course, the only limb the neuro did not EMG was my right arm. The right hand is slightly weaker than the left, but I am left hand dominant so I can't be sure if the weakness is new or if I'm just now noticing it.

I attempted to post this question on aboutBFS.com but they are no longer approving new member requests. I would be so grateful if y'all could look at these pictures for me and give me your honest opinions.

God bless,
Sarah

Sorry forgot the pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3,466
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5,135
  • IMG_2804.jpg
    IMG_2804.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,276
  • IMG_2805.jpg
    IMG_2805.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,282
Hi. No pictures appeared but it does not matter. Extremely normal for there to be a difference there. I have a fairly dramatic difference with my non dominant being so much smaller in that area the neuro initially looked at it with concern. But 2 years later it is still the same with no weakness and it has been emg'd and found normal and yes my dominant hand is stronger too.

Hi Nikki!

Thank you for your quick reply. I just uploaded the pictures...major blonde moment. Glad to hear you still have no weakness after 2 years! Wonderful news :)

-Sarah

I see the pictures. I would not worry at all. To be clear I have no weakness in my nondominant hand with the thenar thinning which is what you asked about. I do have clinical weakness in my leg. I am fortunate to have slow progression

I'm sorry, I did not see your diagnosis date. How ignorant of me. I've just read your story and FALS history. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sarah

S, don't worry about the E G "missing" a limb. Three limbs is plenty. It saw no ALS, neither do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back