Country
SP
State
BC
City
sabadell
Hello,

I would like to provide you an update regarding my current situation:

Due to the fact that my symptoms have worsened (now I have a widespread very frequent fascics plus other worrying symptoms) on the last weeks, my neuro and my rheumatologist decided to perform additional tests (I have had weird symptoms for the last 7 months).

My worries are because I have received the following results:

- Glutamic Acid > 400 mU/l (* 4 times the up limit range)
- Hyperparathiroid hormone slightly elevated
- Rheumatoid factor very elevated (>80, is considered positive over 30)
- abnormal EMG got for first time: Several fasciculations have been identified on my legs (On left and righ tibialis muscle). Not other signals (fibrillations, etc) were found.

My questions are the following ones (It would be very appreciated any PALSto provide your opinions/experiences):

- Any of you got a similar results (mainly being focused on the EMG) just before being diagnosed?
- Do you thing that the fact that no denervation was found on the EMG (7 months after symptoms began) is still hopeful?
- Any of you got first an EMG only with fasciculations and get after another one finding fibs,etc.?

Thank you in advance for your responses. Today I´ve had a very bad day, please, any comment/suggestion/etc. would be extremely welcome.

Regards to every one.

P.D: My neuro exam still is normal (normal reflexes and still no clinical weakness).

No denervation, No ALS. You have to have lost >70% of the nerve to see any symptoms. I know you are scared but it still doesn't look like ALS.
Vincent

Denervation, chronic and active is essential for an ALS diagnosis. I don't know what you have going on, but it is not ALS or any MND until you have chronic AND active denervation. Oh, and 7 months after symptoms present? Yeah... My husband had FLORID active and chronic denervation THREE months after symptoms appeared in parts of his body that still felt 100% normal.

There is not some sort of lag time from symptoms to abnormal EMG. I spoke with one PALS locally who was in a study of "normal" controls back in 2012 of EMG's. He had chronic and active denervation one YEAR prior to his symptoms. The poor guy.

Forget ALS and live your life.

Too many clean EMGs. Not any denervation. Too many clean clinical exams. Not paying attention to our responses. You are out of here. No more posts.

With a high rheumatoid factor, the rheumatologist is the person to follow up with unless/until s/he refers you elsewhere. But no, this is not the place for you.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back