Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wa
City
Tacoma
My issues started in 2014. I started having numbness and tingling on one side of my body and when I would move I would walk my right leg would have a slow response. I saw a neurologist and my clinical exam looked fine and he ordered no testing. These feelings seemed to come and go over the next couple of years. 2015 I was in great shape, ran two half marathons and then in Dec 2015 had a hysterectomy for Adenomyosis (not related I am sure). November of 2016 I woke up and felt like I hit my head and my neck muscles felt so sore and I could barely lift my head and I had horrific headaches. I went to the same neurologist and he ran a MRI of neck and brain, aside from wear and tear it came back clear. The neck pain and headaches persisted so they tried a nerve block and during this time they have diagnosed me with ON. March of 2016 I started getting chest spasms so big you could see the muscle through my shirt and I started having heart palpitations and tachycardia along with SVT. They said that the muscle spasms were normal and that it was probably over use or anxiety. Over the last year I have had muscle spasms and chest pain and at times calf pain. I cannot run far or walk long distances without having to stop, my calves get fatigued. I have had months of tingling and numbness in my hands, it will come and go. No one can tell me why. I had a hernia repair in July and from that time forward I now get muscle twitching all over my body, it gets worse by the week. It started in my chest, now it is in my legs, arms, tongue, legs. Everywhere and it is daily. It got bad in August and I talked to my neurologist that said at this time he has no idea what is causing my muscle twitching (blood work is perfect every time) or the chest spasms or hand tingling or numbness but he wants to do an EMG and this will happen on the 16th of November. Three days ago I tried taking care of things in the bathroom and my arm refused to go back far enough to do what needed to get done. I had to switch arms, today it can do what it has to do. This same arm had a similar reaction in early March of this year when I was walking and moved my cell phone from one hand to the other, it would not move where I wanted to catch the phone, later it was fine. He did mention carpal tunnel but he has not mentioned anything else, I have searched and came back to this forum time and time again.
I have one one clean MRI of neck and brain, aside from bouts of Tachycardia and PSVT heart study is normal, I have and an endoscopy that has come back normal (they are having a PH test done). The only other issues that had cropped up is I do have difficulty enunciating some words from time to time. This has happened in the last six months. I talk on the phone daily and my boss was listening to my calls asking if I was okay because some of my words were not sounding like I usually say them. My primary said it could be Acid Reflux and we looked into an Endoscopy to rule out GERD. I am so sorry this is all over the place.

Tingling and numbness argue against ALS. Since you have an EMG pending, I would suggest you come back here after you have your EMG results if you still have questions.

The muscle tingling is not as frequent as the twitching seemed to because me more prominent.inwill post after EMG

I had EMG done on hands and arms (ten muscles) and he said those are clear. I go back in January to have right leg and neck area done.

Yeah, there's no ALS in your post. Good luck with whatever that is.

Possibly you gained weight while recovering, and you're on a diet now, missing some essential minerals. Also missing sleep due to anxiety and so being very blah at work on the phone. Just a possibility.

Things don't come and go with ALS, once they are there, they stay. You should stop self diagnosing with the internet and leave it up to your professionals.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back