Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Hi. Let me start by saying that I’m so grateful to have found this forum and that it is such an informative place. My heart goes out to each individual who has ALS or knows someone who does.

With that being said, I have read the “Read before Posting” section but I just need a bit more of reassurance about my patterns of symptoms.

I’ll start by saying I am a 29 year old male who is about to become a father and I am concerned because I want to be here and healthy for the birth and life of my baby girl. My symptoms started at the beginning of the year with daily headaches that wouldn’t go away and along with the headaches i was having numbness in my left hand and left foot. Well after a normal CT scan result then a normal brain mri scan MS had been ruled out of the question. And during this all my whole body has been feeling tired and weak. And because of what i am about to mention next is what brought me to this forum and why i am posting but upon later research i found out that these symptoms typically points away from ALS.

Now fast forward to about a month ago. The headaches were finally taken care of and no more of a daily thing. But one day i am sitting in bed playing my video game and all of a sudden my left foot starts twitching making my big toe move all crazy on it’s own. Of course being the human i am i go to Dr. Google and the first thing that pops up is ALS. My anxiety skyrockets! Since then i have widespread twitching throughout my body calves, thigh, butt, biceps, forearm, shoulder, neck, cheeks and they’re not particularly strong twitches but quick and noticeable each time. I know the widespread ness of it points away as well but I’ve read stories of people who had widespread twitching before clinical weakness and got diagnosed later on. Also been having Jaw soreness along with neck stiffness. And as i sit here typing my left foot feels numb and tingly, my left calf has been mildly cramping daily (i can feel it but it doesn’t stop me from doing daily things and the pain is felt but not excruciating). My left arm and mainly left hand is feeling numb and tingly as well and holding my phone up for a long time makes it cramp in which it didn’t hurt prior. Also I’ve been taking supplements and vitamins daily to alleviate the cramping and it’s still there. And it seems like nothing is making anything better.

I know the “read before posting” section states something like “if you were able to lift a 100 pound dumbbell and now you can only lift 50 that is not ALS” but my concern is for people who have been eventually diagnosed is it that one day they can lift 100 lbs then it goes to 50 lbs, then it goes to 25 lbs then nothing at all like what is the progression like? Is one month of twitching and feeling weak too early to tell? All in all i go to my neuro for an EMG this coming Wednesday so I’m praying for great results from that to loosen up my anxiety and I can look for other more treatable causes of my symptoms. But from what I’ve stated does this warrant ALS at all to you all? I do things daily to reassure myself that it’s not but just worried that maybe it’s too early on for me.

Hello-

You've read the pinned post, acknowledge the things listed there, but need a real person to also say the same things to reassure you. You've got it- you list a whole bunch of things not related to ALS, but twitching brought you here. There are thousands (!!) of threads and posts here with folk asking the same questions- and each time we respond in the same manner in order to provide the reassurance people come here seeking. It's super important you speak with your doctor and seek answers for your symptoms with there- and believe them when they tell you "no ALS".

Please take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back